Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   A Febuary Ask Cryptic? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=247354)

Archived Post 01-07-2012 06:44 PM

A Febuary Ask Cryptic?

Since its been, I belive, August since we've had an Ask Cryptic, is there any possibility that we'll be seeing one for Febuary and once more see these on a monthly basis?

Anyone interested in seeing these return once more?

Archived Post 01-07-2012 06:45 PM

not holding my breath on it.

Archived Post 01-07-2012 06:47 PM

I'm for it, but not overly optimistic.

Archived Post 01-07-2012 06:47 PM

I would like to see the return of these as well. Nothing personal but I liked it better when the Dev's took the time to read through our questions and answer them.

Archived Post 01-07-2012 08:47 PM

I think the dev blogs have replaced the Ask Cryptic, at least it seems that way to me.

Archived Post 01-07-2012 09:24 PM

With the last couple of Blogs, Their temporary EP seems a bit vague..., shall-we-say...,

... about the history of Their own postings...

You really think he knows enough about actually playing the game to answer the multitude of questions we'd throw at him???

Might just as well ask the few Dev's that post in the threads, or Brandon for that matter... (Least He's played the game!)

(Probably be StormShade or BranFlakes 'ghost-writing' anyway.)

<shrug>

Archived Post 01-07-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCSWW (Post 3937876)
I would like to see the return of these as well. Nothing personal but I liked it better when the Dev's took the time to read through our questions and answer them.

That'd require them to give bad news early, or they'd have to explain themselves when the answers amounted to nothing, again.

At least D'Angelo can meet his exceedingly low targets, and thats about where my praise starts and ends for him.

Archived Post 01-08-2012 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveyNY (Post 3938001)
With the last couple of Blogs, Their temporary EP seems a bit vague..., shall-we-say...,

... about the history of Their own postings...

You really think he knows enough about actually playing the game to answer the multitude of questions we'd throw at him???

Might just as well ask the few Dev's that post in the threads, or Brandon for that matter... (Least He's played the game!)

(Probably be StormShade or BranFlakes 'ghost-writing' anyway.)

<shrug>

considering the questions will be about the future and whats being developed he should know that. knowing what dan stahl said a year ago is irrelevant to whether new pvp maps are being developed or if the foundry is getting attention.

i would not expect him to have a full grasp on what was or was not said on the forums over a year or two period if that was not his area or job. some of the players who spend their lives on the forums dont even get all the details right.

as i understand it his main job before temp EP is dealing with large systems like the foundry or other background tech to improve the game, not the actual details of missions and content which he may not have had reason or need to keep track of until now.

Archived Post 01-08-2012 03:52 AM

I'd love to see "Ask Cryptic" return once more on a monthly basis.

Archived Post 01-08-2012 04:15 AM

A lot of devs are posting on the forum to be some kind of "Ask Cryptic" which was a hand-picked selection of question that hurt nobody anyways.

I must break a lance for the blog style of DeAngelo coupled with a forum feedback thread. The engineering reports were a bit broken promises and wishful thinking threads aimed at insiders and too often making them false hopes with the long term projects.

I would definitely like them to keep up the "Path to F2P" style communication. This doesn't mean that there could not be an "Ask Cryptic" anymore. The selected questions and answers just never did it for me.