Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Add Romulans and............... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=247546)

Archived Post 01-09-2012 10:15 AM

Add Romulans and...............

Ok We talk this to death, so lets get a vote on it one. The next two fully working factions should be..........

1. Romulans and Cardassins

2. Romulans and Dominion

3. Romulans and Kingons updated

4. OTHER

So if it could happen, which one would you like to see?

Archived Post 01-09-2012 10:17 AM

Other. :)

Most of us who have been here for nearly 2 years would much rather see efforts added to the game to add more Fed and Klink content - and more end-game content. We've played everything a dozen times now. We need more things to do.

Archived Post 01-09-2012 10:22 AM

This ^^^^^^

Archived Post 01-09-2012 10:25 AM

Well that's true too, but with new factions getting add, so come with it new content. I think they should both go hand in hand right? At least if your adding anything major like a faction it should.

Archived Post 01-09-2012 10:25 AM

no rommies until klingons get fleshed out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir-Cedric (Post 3940078)
Well that's true too, but with new factions getting add, so come with it new content. I think they should both go hand in hand right? At least if your adding anything major like a faction it should.

not necessarily. look at the current content out there, there are few to no cross faction missions in game outside of the featured episode's. meaning any content added in a romulan expansion is most likely going to be romulan only.

Archived Post 01-09-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir-Cedric (Post 3940078)

Yes, new missions would get added: Romulan mission. I don't want to be forced to play another species simply to have new things to do. I like my characters. I've spent a lot of time making and playing them. I don't want to abandon them and start a Rom character just because there's nothing left for me to do in the game. And even then leveling is so fast now that I'll blow through any Romulan content and get to level cap in a week or less.

Of course my own opinion is that they are working on a Romulan Expansion pack that will need to be purchased - just like every other FTP MMO has. This will open up a whole slew of new Romulan C-Store ships and such to be purchased. But either way this game needs more content otherwise all the FTPers coming in next month are going to be end-game bored in a month or less.

Archived Post 01-09-2012 10:33 AM

Right like what happened in DCUO. you have to pay for the expansion packs now, but if your an active P2P account, then you get it free. So I can see this happening in STO. Any and all new major content, will be Pay 2 play it, or your locked out of the section. But hey it's working in other games, just make it worth the wait and time, and people will buy it up.