Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   "The Undine" Episodes - Laborious, Repetitive with no Reward. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=247634)

Archived Post 01-09-2012 08:39 PM

"The Undine" Episodes - Laborious, Repetitive with no Reward.

I just finished playing "Fluid Balance" (something like that) this morning, after already enduring a strange bug in another Undine Episode (corridor disappearing leaving me to fall through space a good distance, before just dancing like a puppet). When the corridor magically was there for the replay it took running to the end of the station top find that the final objective was back where I beamed in. Rnning, lots of running with quick, simple combat.
Searching for the correct Portal was just a long-winded affair with loads of toing and froing. Protecting the Gekli on the way out was the usual fight Undine ships in increasing order of difficulty. At VA 50 level the only 'rewards' dropped by destroyed vessels were batteries (engine, auxiliary etc). On top of that the reward for completing the Episode was for a console with little value to me and not a lot for the Exchange/Sale to Trader.
No imagination to the Episodes so far, and little if any incentive to play them. I'll complete them just so that they are, well completed but there's no real fun in doing so. Just hurry through the objectives as quickly as possible and get out with minimum time spent.
Honestly, if the PVE events and the Borg Invasions weren't there, there would be nothing but repeating Daily's and playing Forge Missions (some of which are quite brilliant and imaginative).
The visual were good, though.

Episodes need some creative writing with a good dollop of "fun factor". Otherwise they are just "work" with no real reward.:(

pogbal 02-02-2013 04:24 AM

I have to agree. I just finished this and its is a really poor episode. Compare to the other episodes the poor rewards and it's length are even more stark since I enjoyed them very much. Its not even worth while doing. Feels like an after thought.

fovrel 02-10-2013 03:31 PM

One of those missions reward a nice ground combat weapon. The Klingons however get a mk X instead a mk XI. I have to do it with a fed character to get the mk XI for my Klingon.

The first mission gave you the borg console which is now part of the the reputation set. It was removed as a mission reward, but not for the Klingons at first. It is fixed now. Klingons can no longer get the console as a mission reward.

lagunad 02-20-2013 05:33 AM

Those missions were released around what was arguably the low point of the game (although, admittedly, there have been many of those), when the level cap went up and there wasn't anywhere near enough content to reach the new cap without grinding the same dailies that you had been running before the cap increased.

Basically the game was in the process of cratering when they were working on those episodes, and it shows.

ggg247 02-22-2013 11:51 AM

Yeah, I usually skip the Borg and the Undine missions (I would have hit 50 by then anyway). These missions are boring, then frustrating, then boring again. I wish they'd just replace these missions with some Foundry missions that they make an "official" part of the game.

doffingcomrade 02-26-2013 10:23 PM

The only mission I consistently do is the one that gives me the Subspace Thingamajigy. Every other mission is crap. Laborious, repetitive, and unrewarding describes every single episode mission in this game. Laborious and repetitive describes EVERY mission in this game. But at least SOME of them offer a reward.