Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   The Moderator known as Q (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=247649)

Archived Post 01-10-2012 12:12 AM

The Moderator known as Q

I have seen several posts by this 'Q' person. Every time I see his posts, and the picture, I cannot help but hear John de Lancie. Makes me smile every time.

Any other thoughts?

Archived Post 01-10-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AviKerensky (Post 3941149)
I have seen several posts by this 'Q' person. Every time I see his posts, and the picture, I cannot help but hear John de Lancie. Makes me smile every time.

Any other thoughts?

It's Stormshade in RP mode, it's pretty funny, he's got De Lancies characterisation pretty much spot on

Archived Post 01-10-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricksterbro (Post 3941153)
He's got De Lancies characterisation pretty much spot on

Yes. Yes, he does.

Archived Post 01-10-2012 12:56 AM

i wonder if its still stormy or if Brandon has taken over?

Either way the picture and the style do make me think of De Lancie when ever i see it.

Archived Post 01-10-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i wonder if its still stormy or if Brandon has taken over?

Either way the picture and the style do make me think of De Lancie when ever i see it.

Yeah, I do too.

I thought it was great when he posted in the RPG thread (even if only to move it to Tenforward), but unfortunately, he only posted the once, and didn't accept responsiblity for blowing up parts of someone's ship.

Archived Post 01-10-2012 07:32 PM

To be honest I don't think there is any other moderator with the panache, that certain je ne sais quoi that Q has.

Archived Post 01-10-2012 07:38 PM

If I recall correctly, Stormy said he only uses Q when he wants to be the final word. I've generally only seen him on serious flame wars and usually you will get a "warning" from Stormy himself prior to the Q smackdown.

When Q arrives, there will be infractions.

Archived Post 01-10-2012 08:19 PM

I still like the (seemingly copied/pasted) comment he uses to lock threads. "Silly humans, I must destroy this one..." lol It's Freekin' great!

Archived Post 01-10-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
If I recall correctly, Stormy said he only uses Q when he wants to be the final word. I've generally only seen him on serious flame wars and usually you will get a "warning" from Stormy himself prior to the Q smackdown.

When Q arrives, there will be infractions.

I noticed a change in how Q is RP'd since Brandon took over. So I believe BranFlakes is used when community building, PR, positive stuff is posted. And when the hammer needs to fall he brings out Q.

That lets Brandon keep a positive image while enforcing the rules at the same time. Probably lessons learned from the time when crackdown style moderation was all over the Dev Tracker. It was not received well by the community.

Archived Post 01-11-2012 10:24 AM

I know that you're probably asking yourself: "why would a brilliant, handsome, dashingly omnipotent being like Q want to spend time in these forums with you Humans?" Well, someone has got to do the job, or at least do the job well. There is nothing like being able to snap a few fingers to make something happen.

Q