Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Question concerning ships bought in C-Store (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=248028)

Archived Post 01-12-2012 06:28 PM

Question concerning ships bought in C-Store
 
I just bought the collectors edition and noticed i had 400 C-Store points somehow. Now I have no intention of buying more points so I was planning on getting the constitution class starship.

My question is when I buy that ship, is it only for one character? or will all of my federation characters have access to it?

Archived Post 01-12-2012 06:40 PM

At this point in time they are universal unlocks for all characters. I don't know what'll happen in the future, though.

Archived Post 01-12-2012 06:42 PM

Alright, good to hear. Thanks!

EDIT: Just curious, is the peregrine fighter any good?

Archived Post 01-12-2012 07:11 PM

the peregrine fighter is basically an alternate to the shuttles should you wish to use them, as to if it is superior to the hsuttles, i dont know as i have yet to use it.

Archived Post 01-12-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupaStishun (Post 3945833)
I just bought the collectors edition and noticed i had 400 C-Store points somehow. Now I have no intention of buying more points so I was planning on getting the constitution class starship.

My question is when I buy that ship, is it only for one character? or will all of my federation characters have access to it?

If you haven't done it yet, reconsider about the TOS Enterprise. Yes, it's an awesome ship, and it does come with two 'special' phaser banks that level up as you do, but it is only a Lieutenant-level ship, and you likely won't use it past that level. If it were my choice, I would consider saving my points for something I like in the Store, especially if you plan to subscribe, because you get 400 points for free every month you do subscribe.

And, I thought that the TOS Enterprise was free with the CE... Mine was.

Archived Post 01-13-2012 09:49 AM

It was free with the Gamestop versions of the game, as I recall.

Archived Post 01-13-2012 10:12 AM

I have the Peregrine, and I have to say, I prefer the Delta Flyer, but the Peregrine is pretty good.

The Peregrine can mount cannons, has a built-in rapid fire skill, and it's so fast it's almost hard to handle. But the Delta has two boff slots, and built in powers always act as if they have no boff skill points invested, so the cooldown on that rapid fire is kind of long. The Delta is slower, but still very fast.

Right now, there's so little to do with shuttles that I honestly think you should save your money and not buy a shuttle at all - the Danube is cheap in game and has a built in tractor beam, which is a really useful power for shuttle-to-shuttle fights.

Archived Post 01-13-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felderburg (Post 3946925)
It was free with the Gamestop versions of the game, as I recall.

correct. it was a gamestop "pre-order" bonus (yet they sold the game that still had codes for it for a long time after launch)

also. a Perigrine with cannons and a BO that has cannon rapid fire in it as well thats fully trained will give you at least a back to back use once every minute or so, useful for a double strafing run.

Archived Post 01-13-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenkari
also. a Perigrine with cannons and a BO that has cannon rapid fire in it as well thats fully trained will give you at least a back to back use once every minute or so, useful for a double strafing run.

Rapid fire 1 is lieutenant commander skill. The Peregrine only has an ensign universal slot - which is why its built in rapid fire is a big deal - it's otherwise entirely unavailable in a shuttle or tier 1 ship.

Archived Post 01-13-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevach (Post 3946956)
I have the Peregrine, and I have to say, I prefer the Delta Flyer, but the Peregrine is pretty good.

The Peregrine can mount cannons, has a built-in rapid fire skill, and it's so fast it's almost hard to handle. But the Delta has two boff slots, and built in powers always act as if they have no boff skill points invested, so the cooldown on that rapid fire is kind of long. The Delta is slower, but still very fast.

Right now, there's so little to do with shuttles that I honestly think you should save your money and not buy a shuttle at all - the Danube is cheap in game and has a built in tractor beam, which is a really useful power for shuttle-to-shuttle fights.

If you're looking for a shuttle, the D'Kyr will give you the Tal'Kyr. A very nice shuttle indeed.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:05 PM.