Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Congratulations Cryptic (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=248117)

Archived Post 01-13-2012 07:00 AM

Congratulations Cryptic

Congratulations Cryptic! Today we celebrate the one year anniversary of your patch breaking the cloaking device. Anyone who has used a ship that can cloak really appreciates any time a pop up occurs your de-cloaked if in a cloaked status. Now, since I do have a sense of humor, in honor of this auspicious occasion Id like to make a request. Get rid of all the pop ups, since most just click through them, and replace it with just two (one Klink the other Fed). The Klingon one should show a disheveled Orion female, in the text it should read Was that my butt that just hit the de-cloak button? Well thats ok, if today is a good day to die I need to fix my face. For the Federation side, just give us a nice smiling Dr. McCoy with the text Damn it Captain, Im a Doctor not a cloaking device. Im going to give Brandon a challenge, instead of the cheers nonsense, how about you come back and tell us that this bug is going to be fixed immediately. I think after a year, the cloaking community has been more than patient with Cryptic to fix a bug that should not have been allowed to exist more than week, let alone a year. Again, congratulations.

Archived Post 01-13-2012 07:01 AM

+1000

I would actually love those.

Archived Post 01-13-2012 07:02 AM

*comes out from under a rock*

Wait...

This STILL isn't fixed? :eek:

Archived Post 01-13-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfrider
I think after a year, the cloaking community has been more than patient with Cryptic to fix a bug that should not have been allowed to exist more than week, let alone a year. Again, congratulations.

they already tried to fix this before with little overall success. this is a massive bug because it requires them to adjust every space map in the entire game. if it was easy to fix they would have done it by now. saying it should be fixed inside a week might sound more than doable but its no where near that simple.

Archived Post 01-13-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperLimited (Post 3946694)
*comes out from under a rock*

Wait...

This STILL isn't fixed? :eek:

It was fixed for a while, but it's resurfaced yet again.

I'm all for squashing this one with full force.

Archived Post 01-13-2012 07:30 AM

:mad:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
they already tried to fix this before with little overall success. this is a massive bug because it requires them to adjust every space map in the entire game. if it was easy to fix they would have done it by now. saying it should be fixed inside a week might sound more than doable but its no where near that simple.

No excuse.
Its been 1 year, my colleague is correct on this, think about how long it took to actually reset all the FX for the "missed shot". And for all the other techs that required the same thing. It got done.

So what you pointed out is not a valid arguement in any sense

Fact still stands, this is a game breaking issue with anyone with a cloak, that any popup causes the cloak to break, meaning exposing you, which in many maps and instances, including some PVP, it inteferes with game play. Thus making the experience with this iconic abilty a complete failure.

Understand over all the multitude of things to be fix, there have been countless tickets, countless posts, countless conversations over this very topic, yet exactly 12 months later... Here we are, with this game breaking bug that still exists... Think about all the patches, redesigns and other work that has occured that has touched all those maps and areas... Yet this was not fixed??

in the immortal words of Football annoucers... "C'mon Man!"

Archived Post 01-13-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
It was fixed for a while, but it's resurfaced yet again.

I'm all for squashing this one with full force.

Actually that Fix failed to fix it at all. It was announced as a fix, and we found out that NOPE... did not fix it.

Archived Post 01-13-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoson (Post 3946767)
Actually that Fix failed to fix it at all. It was announced as a fix, and we found out that NOPE... did not fix it.

No, if I remember correctly they didn't fix anything, cryptic came up with one of thier lame excuses as to why it exists rather than fixing the issue ;) :rolleyes:

Archived Post 01-13-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoson (Post 3946764)
:mad:

No excuse.
Its been 1 year, my colleague is correct on this, think about how long it took to actually reset all the FX for the "missed shot". And for all the other techs that required the same thing. It got done.

So what you pointed out is not a valid arguement in any sense

Fact still stands, this is a game breaking issue with anyone with a cloak, that any popup causes the cloak to break, meaning exposing you, which in many maps and instances, including some PVP, it inteferes with game play. Thus making the experience with this iconic abilty a complete failure.

Understand over all the multitude of things to be fix, there have been countless tickets, countless posts, countless conversations over this very topic, yet exactly 12 months later... Here we are, with this game breaking bug that still exists... Think about all the patches, redesigns and other work that has occured that has touched all those maps and areas... Yet this was not fixed??

in the immortal words of Football annoucers... "C'mon Man!"

This sterling example of QA and responsiveness to bugs is why I've basically quit sending in tickets.

Why waste my time on something that is going to be effectively ignored?

Archived Post 01-13-2012 07:42 AM

Here you go...