Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Spin the Wheel impossible to complete (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=248419)

Archived Post 01-15-2012 04:17 PM

Spin the Wheel impossible to complete

Really hate the search engine since it does not work very well.

Anyway having major problems with completing Spin the Wheel, I have comprehension problems (part of my learning disability) when it comes to logic/puzzle type stuff and this mission is beyond comprehension to understand it to complete it.

Very annoying...

Need a simple solution to this so can go to next mission. Did the skip but it will not let me skip it.

Thx

Archived Post 01-15-2012 04:20 PM

Check out STOWiki. There might be an answer in there.

Archived Post 01-15-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic_One (Post 3949893)

Indeed:
Quote:

The correct sequence for realigning the station power flow is: Replicators, Environmental Controls, Gravity Control, Defense Grid, Environmental Controls, Replicators.

The Romulan FE has some worse puzzles, but those are easy to solve by brute force. But STOwiki is pretty good about having solutions to this stuff. This one was up within about an hour of the mission being released.

Archived Post 01-15-2012 05:39 PM

If you don't want to cheat, it might be a good idea to keep a pencil and paper handy, and try and work it out on the paper before you actually try the sequence on the consoles. One of the Romulan FE missions has a puzzle involving some pretty heavy math, you might want a good scientific calculator for that one.

Archived Post 01-16-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic_One (Post 3949893)

I forgotten that had booked marked it earlier, and did check it out and was abled to complete the mission.

But thx for the replies... :D

Archived Post 01-16-2012 10:22 AM

Congrats!! I'm glad that you were able to get through it. :)

Archived Post 01-18-2012 10:37 PM

Was anyone here during the first time they ran Cold Storage when there was no text in those sound consoles at the end? Where the tones were so ridiculously close?

I was so ****ed off and was trying to hear forever...finally I just wrote down all permutations of 1-2-3 (luckily it wasn't like 10 consoles) and tried them all until I found the right one.

Archived Post 01-20-2012 05:55 PM

Oh yeah i remember that. Took me a while to figure out too because i had to hit 2 consoles twice. So replicators - console across it, console behind it, console across the room, then the one across from the replicators again, then the replicators.

IMO i could appreciate that. Just wait untill you get to Cassidy (where i'm currently at). ***** won't drink her nerve tonic because i got the damned garnish wrong. There's a radiation leak woman who the hell cares if there's a piece of fruit or a umbrella in the drink! XD

worst. quest. ever.

Archived Post 01-20-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSS (Post 3961118)
Just wait untill you get to Cassidy (where i'm currently at). ***** won't drink her nerve tonic because i got the damned garnish wrong. There's a radiation leak woman who the hell cares if there's a piece of fruit or a umbrella in the drink! XD

worst. quest. ever.

ZOMG, I wanted to shake her real hard and shout WTF IS YR PROBLEM like Kirk would.

Archived Post 01-24-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSS (Post 3961118)
Oh yeah i remember that. Took me a while to figure out too because i had to hit 2 consoles twice. So replicators - console across it, console behind it, console across the room, then the one across from the replicators again, then the replicators.

IMO i could appreciate that. Just wait untill you get to Cassidy (where i'm currently at). ***** won't drink her nerve tonic because i got the damned garnish wrong. There's a radiation leak woman who the hell cares if there's a piece of fruit or a umbrella in the drink! XD

worst. quest. ever.

Made even worse by the fact that the drink you order is physically impossible. You use stemmed glasses like that to dissipate heat.

It's: Stemmed, Warm, Sour, Pick Me Up, Honey, in no particular order. I seriously hate that mission so much. Also, not improved by the fact that the last bit of dialog you got basically amounted to a Dividian telling you "don't move or the hamburger gets it."