Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   newly created accounts can't receive fleet invites? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=248818)

Archived Post 01-17-2012 07:13 PM

newly created accounts can't receive fleet invites?

A friend of mine just created her account today and she was the fifth one we needed to form our fleet. When I went to do it, it said something about newly created accounts can't receive fleet invites, and I'm wondering what is considered a 'newly created account' and when can she receive invites?

Archived Post 01-18-2012 05:30 AM

Bump on this one.

I've been trying to find fleet requirements, if people have to be at a certain level to be able to join and came up dry on any results.

My friends and I are probably going to be creating a fleet, and some of the people who will be joining are going to be new STO'ers.

Any answers to this would be awesome!

Archived Post 01-18-2012 05:40 AM

I'd like an answer to this too ..

I want to form a fleet with my mates this weekend ... and there is only 5 of us ... 3 created accounts in the last couple of days. (2 gold and a silver)

Would love to know if we will all be able to form a fleet together. With no one over Lt Cmd.

Archived Post 01-18-2012 05:52 AM

New Silver accounts can be used to create a Fleet after they meet the criteria on the Matrix: 20 hours played, a previous Subscription, or carrying a Cryptic Point balance. Without meeting those criteria Silvers can only join established Fleets.

Archived Post 01-18-2012 05:58 AM

by cryptic point ballance ... is there a threshold there

or can I do one explore mission set ..earn 1440 Dilithium and convert it into 4 C points and qualify?

Archived Post 01-18-2012 06:00 AM

That I do not know. I assume they want Silvers to buy CPs, though. The whole point of FTP is for Cryptic to entice Silvers to buy at least a few dollars of CPs. :)

Archived Post 01-18-2012 06:04 AM

then I'm sure they will be happy with me ... but we need another body for our fleet so I made another account to stand in.

No problem with doing some missions ... I cna play him for 20 hours I guess ...but it would be easier to do the explore missions.

Archived Post 01-18-2012 06:14 AM

There are a number of Gold players who will help you make a Fleet if you ask them in chat. I've personally helped 3 or 4 people make a Fleet when they were short on starting members. Once the Fleet's formed I simple leave it. Just ask around when your on ESD.

Archived Post 01-18-2012 06:19 AM

Will do :)

EDIT: hold on ... you said ASK AROUND .... how ... in Local?

Archived Post 01-18-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic_One (Post 3955096)
New Silver accounts can be used to create a Fleet after they meet the criteria on the Matrix: 20 hours played, a previous Subscription, or carrying a Cryptic Point balance. Without meeting those criteria Silvers can only join established Fleets.

You sir, just earned a green bar

thank you for the info!