Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   What was the "Something New Every Week" this week? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=249137)

Archived Post 01-19-2012 07:28 AM

What was the "Something New Every Week" this week?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdangelo (Post 3930846)

It's my belief that it takes a range of game play options to keep the game going. When it comes to my "something new" comment, I am thinking broadly. Consider how December went. We did the launch one week, Q's Wonderland event started the next week, the Duty Officer event the third week, and the nanopulse weapons in the fourth week. That's "something new every week" by my definition. And I think that the majority of players liked that there was something new (even if it was small) happening regularly.

(Source)

Is the purchasable EC upgrade for silver accounts your "something new every week" for this week?

The F2P early access was available on Jan 5, so that wasn't anything new. And nothing to my knowledge happened last week. I'm just curious to know if you are still targeting this as your goal.

Archived Post 01-19-2012 07:38 AM

they said jan would be about getting f2p off the ground an making sure it runs smoothly, they are also up to their necks with the ds9 series by all accounts so i think the every week will be starting in feb.

Archived Post 01-19-2012 08:50 AM

A server crash!

Archived Post 01-19-2012 08:53 AM

I think going F2P should probably count for something new this week.

Archived Post 01-19-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTrekkingAngel
A server crash!

That was for free though, so it doesn't count ;)

Archived Post 01-19-2012 09:39 AM

From the blog:
Quote:

All told, itís my goal to have something new in the game nearly every week starting with the second anniversary event and running through the end of April.
Second anniversary event should be in two weeks, with nothing significant promised before that.

Archived Post 01-19-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SatansHell (Post 3957832)
That was for free though, so it doesn't count ;)

You would prefer we be forced to BUY something new every week?

Please, don't give Cryptic any more bad ideas...

Archived Post 01-19-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTrekkingAngel
A server crash!

I quote because they used a singular for this... when it should be a plural... =)

Archived Post 01-19-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell (Post 3957897)
You would prefer we be forced to BUY something new every week?

Please, don't give Cryptic any more bad ideas...

No, no I don't, id prefer the new thing every week being a "new" playable story mission, but lets be honest here, its the only thing usually guaranteed to happen every week, is something in the c-store ;)

Archived Post 01-19-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevach (Post 3957858)
From the blog:

Second anniversary event should be in two weeks, with nothing significant promised before that.

I was thinking they'd treat their second anniversary much the same way they treated Trek's anniversary last year.

;)