Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Time Travel and said rewards. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=249250)

Archived Post 01-19-2012 03:11 PM

Time Travel and said rewards.

I would love to see some time travel missions with suitable rewards. For instance I would love to have my captain strutting around the ship wearing a suit from the 1930's/40's or whip out a tommy gun (with attached ammo replicator) and spraying those damn borg with bullets....wait didn't picard do this in first contact on the holodeck? Still my statement stands.

A brief list of rewards from missions:
1. 1930's/40's era outfits and weapons (duh)
2. Medieval era weapons and outfits
3. More early space travel stuff (Between Ent and Tos eras)

This is just a small list of what I would love to have, feel free to add more.

OH and being able to mount weapons and armor on display racks in your ship.

Archived Post 01-19-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abaddon653 (Post 3958751)
I would love to see some time travel missions with suitable rewards. For instance I would love to have my captain strutting around the ship wearing a suit from the 1930's/40's or whip out a tommy gun (with attached ammo replicator) and spraying those damn borg with bullets....wait didn't picard do this in first contact on the holodeck? Still my statement stands.

A brief list of rewards from missions:
1. 1930's/40's era outfits and weapons (duh)
2. Medieval era weapons and outfits
3. More early space travel stuff (Between Ent and Tos eras)

This is just a small list of what I would love to have, feel free to add more.

OH and being able to mount weapons and armor on display racks in your ship.

I'm on board with more time travel loot, except for item #2. I do not want to see people strutting around ESD in codpieces and suits of armor. You KNOW this would happen.

Archived Post 01-19-2012 03:58 PM

I'd love to see missions that involve time travel added to the Captain's Table. It would seem to make sense considering that it seems to intersect with multiple time periods.

Archived Post 01-19-2012 04:19 PM

You know any mission that went back to Victorian/Holmes-ian times would be super popular, moreso if it granted some costume unlocks.

Archived Post 01-19-2012 04:52 PM

Not such much for the costumes...

But if the loot was a suit of armor you can display on crew deck or a Sherlock Holmes hat to mount on the wall next to your borg eye-piece in the ready-room. Those would be cool. The tommy gun would be alright, but then you have two physical dmg guns (TR-116 from Target pre-order) so I don't think the people who bought that would like the idea. Medieval swords are not my taste, I use the falchion because it's a good wep but it seems anti-trek for Feds. No civilized Federation officer is going to be tearing opponents asunder, civilized officers vaporize their enemies.

I love the idea of time travel missions because it means more missions. But not so sure how the loot could be worked out. I'm no roleplayer, but I respect those who are and it would break realism to seem a knight-of-old walking around the academy or spacedock.

Archived Post 01-19-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnStreutker (Post 3958950)
\it would break realism to seem a knight-of-old walking around the academy or spacedock.

I actually think that would be "more trek-like".. surely that fellow was on his way to experience a holonovel in the stations holodeck facilities!

Archived Post 01-19-2012 04:58 PM

It wouldn't be Star Trek if we didn't get a trip to the modern era at least once.
So 2012.
Reward: Mk X iPad

This would be the last real era Trek could visit before the timeline must diverge to take the Bell Riots into account.
Those happen in just 8 years from now according to Trek's history books.

Archived Post 01-19-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
It wouldn't be Star Trek if we didn't get a trip to the modern era at least once.
So 2012.
Reward: Mk X iPad

This would be the last real era Trek could visit before the timeline must diverge to take the Bell Riots into account.
Those happen in just 8 years from now according to Trek's history books.

Got to love people who forget about the TOS timeline.
Look up: Khan. Eugenics Wars. 1990's.
We diverged from Treks 'timeline' a few decades ago mate.

Archived Post 01-19-2012 06:06 PM

Devil's Advocate

Quote:

Originally Posted by PodSix
I actually think that would be "more trek-like".. surely that fellow was on his way to experience a holonovel in the stations holodeck facilities!

If holodecks are made functional I think holonovels would be ingenious. I've never understood why foundry missions were made "real" instead of accessing them through holodecks. Since they're created by players and have no effect on your rank, I think it's a the obvious choice. But since this variation of the Trek Universe never saw the invention of functional holodecks it doesn't seem plausible :)

Archived Post 01-19-2012 06:21 PM

How about holodecks that work? Could open up a new aspect of Foundry missions that only work on your holodeck. The author would have the ability to override your own costume choices while running the mission, thus negating the chance of people running around ESD in cod pieces.