Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Scheduled Maintenance (January 21, 2012) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=249472)

Archived Post 01-20-2012 08:21 PM

Scheduled Maintenance (January 21, 2012)

We will be bringing down the shard for a restart on Saturday, January 21st from 8:00AM to 9:00AM PST (1600 to 1700 UTC). We will provide an update when this is complete.

Archived Post 01-20-2012 09:03 PM

Don't you think this maintenance thing is getting a little out of hand?

Archived Post 01-20-2012 09:07 PM

Yeah, stop fixing things!!!

Archived Post 01-20-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenEricII

Yeah, stop fixing things!!!

I agree it is starting to get a lil bit of a joke. you would think they would have problems like this sorted. Or is this to be a daily thing!?

Archived Post 01-20-2012 09:37 PM

Real no-win scenario: They don't fix problems, people whine. They try to fix problems, people whine about the downtimes. Kobayashi Maru city...

Maybe if they patch the simulator to...No wait. That'd involve downtime...

Archived Post 01-20-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
Real no-win scenario: They don't fix problems, people whine. They try to fix problems, people whine about the downtimes. Kobayashi Maru city...

Maybe if they patch the simulator to...No wait. That'd involve downtime...

Fixing problems? Where does it say that anything is being fixed? All they are doing is restarting the servers.

Archived Post 01-20-2012 10:41 PM

dont you peope at least go HOME on the weekend?

seriously if this is going to be a daily reboot (and nothing else???) then FFS at least shuffle the times, when you do it

i am soooooooooooooo sick of daily downtime at (ny) EU primetime

you force me to stay up at night to properly play -.-

Archived Post 01-20-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptBANG (Post 3961433)

seriously if this is going to be a daily reboot (and nothing else???) then FFS at least shuffle the times, when you do it

I'm agreed - if it's this routinely something has to be done. Whilst I can appreciate there's an element of 'we're free to play, tough' there are those of us who are still gold members remember?

Once or twice a week is fine, but daily without explaination is beyoind acceptable.

Archived Post 01-20-2012 11:48 PM

LOL really......?

Archived Post 01-21-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptBANG (Post 3961433)

Agreed. I'm getting sick of the daily downtimes without proper explanation and during my EU playtime.
It's the same anti European behaviour during the Atari reign :mad: