Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   misleading info on forum limitations (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=249522)

Archived Post 01-21-2012 08:25 AM

misleading info on forum limitations

Hi,
I'm a F2P player.

According to the info on the f2p account, forum posting is limited until one of these unlocks it:

20h of game play
account has a subscription
Account has a cryptic point balance
account has made a c-store purchase

Well, I'm not yet at the 20h mark, but I'm almost there so i don't mind that limitation THAT much, and i understand the reasons.
BUT, it should also go away on a cryptic point balance. And i HAVE a cryptic point balance. Ok its done by way of Dilithium being converted.... but still!
in fact it made the limitations on pm-ing in-game go away.

So why hasn't it take my limitations on the forum away?

If this is a bug, ok.
If its not, I'd like it if the info on the f2p was updated on this fact.

I'm not complaining, just reporting my issue. Since I'd really like to introduce my self and maybe find my self a Fleet to fly with.

Archived Post 01-21-2012 08:38 AM

You're posting arent you?

I am not sure what your issue is?

Archived Post 01-21-2012 08:41 AM

Another was complaining as well that they could not post i say yes it is limited too F2P players its not miss leading

Archived Post 01-21-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velena
Hi,
I'm a F2P player.

According to the info on the f2p account, forum posting is limited until one of these unlocks it:

20h of game play
account has a subscription
Account has a cryptic point balance
account has made a c-store purchase

Well, I'm not yet at the 20h mark, but I'm almost there so i don't mind that limitation THAT much, and i understand the reasons.
BUT, it should also go away on a cryptic point balance. And i HAVE a cryptic point balance. Ok its done by way of Dilithium being converted.... but still!
in fact it made the limitations on pm-ing in-game go away.

So why hasn't it take my limitations on the forum away?

If this is a bug, ok.
If its not, I'd like it if the info on the f2p was updated on this fact.

I'm not complaining, just reporting my issue. Since I'd really like to introduce my self and maybe find my self a Fleet to fly with.

Since you're posting in here it should be removed. I'm not 100% sure where the limits are honestly (though i believe you're restricted to just the F2P area).

Odds are however the update for forum permissions is run xx amount of times per day.

Archived Post 01-21-2012 09:11 AM

Obviously i wasn't clear on things.

This is THE ONLY place i can post.

Also the restriction on ingame pm-ing was gone YESTERDAY.

I don't think there is a "f2p only" place for us to post unless you mean here. which i doubt.

And no I'm not complaining, just reporting what i believe should be made more clear and/or fixed.

Archived Post 01-21-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

I don't think there is a "f2p only" place for us to post unless you mean here. which i doubt.

And no I'm not complaining, just reporting what i believe should be made more clear and/or fixed.

PM'ing and posting in the forums are very diffrent things, and rely on two completely diffrent mechanics.

As suggested before it may simply be because the "update" script has not run yet, or it may be a bug... Wait a few hours and see. If it dosen't change, submit a bug.

Since you are a free 2 play player, it is fair to tell you that you should not expect a reply to a submitted bug... Ever... This is standard and dosent mean that they havnt read your report.

Archived Post 01-21-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

oop okay i get you now hehehe. Yep since what I read on the f2p matrix you should be completely unlocked :( I didn't know this forum was open to silver accounts so this is news to me. Learn somethin new everyday :)

Hopefully someone else with a gold name can chime in on how this all works because to be honest I couldn't tell you. The only thing I could think of is it could POSSIBLY be tied into a system that updates possibly every 12 hours or so. (This is entirely speculative though as I do not know the back end)

Archived Post 01-21-2012 09:29 AM

I think they "Cryptic Point" bit means purchased points. Those are different points than the points traded in the exchange. They want you to have spent some money on the game. However, once you hit 20 hours, you should be fine. Those restrictions are (obviously) to prevent spamming.

Archived Post 01-21-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eg180 (Post 3962109)
I think they "Cryptic Point" bit means purchased points. Those are different points than the points traded in the exchange. They want you to have spent some money on the game. However, once you hit 20 hours, you should be fine. Those restrictions are (obviously) to prevent spamming.

This may in fact also be the issue

Archived Post 01-21-2012 01:20 PM

This is only part of forum where most of us can post

click anywhere else and it is "your account has been disabled" or few other messages

as for buying something to unlock forum that is silly to put it mildly

game loading all the time ,server not responding and all the rest and they want us to buy to unlock forum

lol