Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   How long does it take to get from Commander to Captain rank? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=249537)

Archived Post 01-21-2012 10:35 AM

How long does it take to get from Commander to Captain rank?

Hello i have just reached the commander rank and i would just like to know how long it takes to reach the next rank(Captain)?

Archived Post 01-21-2012 11:22 AM

They've made leveling quite a bit faster. It takes me only a few hours of gameplay, and I'm a very lightweight player. I don't min/max, I don't optimize for the absolute best numbers, I just play. If you're a serious player who knows how to get all the best out of your ship and crew, you'll probably do it even faster than I do.

Many people think they've made it too easy, but I like it as it is.

Archived Post 01-21-2012 11:23 AM

Do you mean playing time or missions or??? Because if you mean playing time it can several hours if you do it right.

Archived Post 01-21-2012 12:08 PM

Before they rebalanced the way leveling works, it took me about two weeks to get from Commander 30 to Commander 36. I'm a slow player who stops to enjoy the scenery and screw around in Earth Space Dock.

However, since I've come back around Jan 12th, I'm about 1 exploration mission shy of Rear Admiral 40. So it won't take you long. Especially if you do the story missions, which I skipped out on because I don't like high yield plasma torpedoes.

Archived Post 01-21-2012 02:51 PM

Anywhere from a day to a week depending on how much you play. That said, doing lots of Doff missions will increase your speed.

Archived Post 01-21-2012 03:12 PM

I'm at level 26 with just under 15 played hours. I expect to get to 30 (captain) in about 2-3 hours of play. 4 levels is roughly 6-7 missions, at around 20 minutes per mission.

Archived Post 01-22-2012 11:41 PM

If you jump into the 'red alert' Borg incursions if there happens to be one in your sector block, that will kick you up quite a bit. I've quite literally advanced a character an entire grade simply due to those things.

Personally, I think leveling in this game is too easy, but lacking more content, it's probably best to allow people to get to VA as quick as possible. However that's a discussion for another thread (which I am sure has been discussed, likely ad nausium).

Archived Post 01-23-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asmdz (Post 3962123)
Hello i have just reached the commander rank and i would just like to know how long it takes to reach the next rank(Captain)?

When I started I went from 1-50 in 4 days but I have no life :D

rileypasty 11-07-2012 03:17 PM

Its taken me about a week (with lots of wifi issues) to get from lieutenant 1 to commander 29 (its allot harder i made ltcmd one day and then commander the next but the rest has all been as a commander and i should have made it but had several connectivity issues

cmdrscarlet 11-07-2012 03:24 PM

Necro post!

What's the rush? Once you get to Vice Admiral ... then what? Man, slow down and enjoy the ride.