Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Fatal Error Decompressing Data (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=249567)

Archived Post 01-21-2012 01:25 PM

Fatal Error Decompressing Data
 
I've been getting these near constantly now, and each time it causes my game to crash. I make sure to validate files each time I start the launcher, but I'm still getting them. Is there a specific file I need to delete and redownload from the patcher?

http://i.imgur.com/gxpQ8.jpg

Archived Post 01-26-2012 01:01 AM

Wow, not a single comment?

Archived Post 01-29-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightrider1942 (Post 3962434)
I've been getting these near constantly now, and each time it causes my game to crash. I make sure to validate files each time I start the launcher, but I'm still getting them. Is there a specific file I need to delete and redownload from the patcher?

http://i.imgur.com/gxpQ8.jpg

ME Too!!!!
Getting over it.:mad::mad:

Archived Post 01-29-2012 06:30 PM

it could be one of the textures hogg filess but since it is an costume texture it might be the charcter.hogg file.

Archived Post 01-29-2012 07:16 PM

Some anti-virus packages are known for corrupting the download of large files... Also, how old is your hard-disk??? Disk errors is one of the early signs that its getting ready to die....

Archived Post 01-30-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PegasusMD
it could be one of the textures hogg filess but since it is an costume texture it might be the charcter.hogg file.

I've deleted all the hogg files and let them redownload, still getting the error.

Don't think it's my hdd either since it's only 3-4 years old. This isn't a disk error, it's a decompression error. Also I'm getting it every single time I try to load the game now.

Archived Post 01-31-2012 12:21 AM

I just uninstalled the game, deleted everything, turned off my firewall, reinstalled from disk, let the game patch with my firewall off, and I'm still getting these decompression errors everytime I try to boot up the game. This is completely ridiculous.

Archived Post 01-31-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightrider1942 (Post 3980574)
I've deleted all the hogg files and let them redownload, still getting the error.

Don't think it's my hdd either since it's only 3-4 years old. This isn't a disk error, it's a decompression error. Also I'm getting it every single time I try to load the game now.

If there is a error in the data when its written, that would cause a decompression failure. And write errors won't be detected unless you have write with verify (which slows down writes) enabled in your OS and BIOS...

Most Hard-disks these days only have a 3 year warrenty (or less), and I've had experiences where a HD would start going bad only weeks after the warrenty has expired...

Archived Post 01-31-2012 09:52 AM

If you could please send us DxDiag and HijackThis logs to PWE Tech Support, that will help us to diagnose the problem. It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information, and PLEASE include any screenshots of any bugs or errors that you get.

To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Windows 7 or Vista), then type in dxdiag and press Enter on your keyboard.

Click on Save All Information, then attach the text file to this ticket (If on a 64bit system, look for and click on the Save 64bit Dxdiag button beside the Save All Information button).

To create the HijackThis log, go to http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-...-10227353.html or http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis then download and install the program.

Click Do a system scan and save a log file, then attach the text file to your reply.

Please do not copy and then paste the text of these logs into your ticket.

We'll take look at these log files and give you feedback on your issue.

Archived Post 02-04-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthpanda16 (Post 3981789)
If you could please send us DxDiag and HijackThis logs to PWE Tech Support, that will help us to diagnose the problem. It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information, and PLEASE include any screenshots of any bugs or errors that you get.

To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Windows 7 or Vista), then type in dxdiag and press Enter on your keyboard.

Click on Save All Information, then attach the text file to this ticket (If on a 64bit system, look for and click on the Save 64bit Dxdiag button beside the Save All Information button).

To create the HijackThis log, go to http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-...-10227353.html or http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis then download and install the program.

Click Do a system scan and save a log file, then attach the text file to your reply.

Please do not copy and then paste the text of these logs into your ticket.

We'll take look at these log files and give you feedback on your issue.

I submitted a ticket a week ago, and it *still* hasn't received a response. What happened to "within 24 hours"?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:54 AM.