Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Peregrine Fighter Problem (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=249768)

Archived Post 01-22-2012 06:24 PM

Peregrine Fighter Problem

I think there's a problem with this ship. I bought it because it looked fast and would be fun. I know it's not a heavy cruiser but I can't last for long versus anything. I thought at first it I was just missing something because the stats in the C-Store list the "Base Hull" at 12,925. Base should be the minimum and perhaps it could be higher. Problem is, it's nowhere near that. I'm a level 31 Tactical Officer and the hull is only 5500. Someone said it changes based on your field but I can't see it being affected that drastically. Every other ship I've ever had has exactly the hull stat I read in the store. If there is a stat error, I think my C-points should be returned.

Let me know if I should submit a ticket.

Photo of Hull as Listed

Photo of Actual Hull Strength

[EDIT]

I saw a source that said the hull and shields scale with the player's Rank and that at Lt. Commander rank it is 5500, but I am Captain and it is still 5500. Even if that is true and even if it worked, this should NOT be listed as 12,925 Base Hull unless it is explained by showing each rank's strength.

Archived Post 01-22-2012 07:17 PM

The ship is equivalent to a shuttle craft. It's not designed for mass play. It's just a tinker around and have fun ship. It's not really supposed to be used in missions; except maybe the vault mission.

I just looked at the c-store entry on the website and it says the hull is 5,500. Anything listed differently on the ship registry in the ship store on ESD is in error and you should send in a bug report.

Archived Post 01-22-2012 07:28 PM

Yup, just the vault. I just wish that there was a script in Ker'rat where Borg NPCs ignore the shuttle type ships, even when "bumped" into. They Borg should only notice the shuttles until the shuttle attacks. This will alow a team to have new options such as a shuttle going in to scan, then another ship taking out the repair hulks. SO that shuttles still have a chance to earn the reward, if the shuttle and another ship attack a hulk, the larger ship manages to aggro most of the BOrg (but not all of them. Probes would still aggro nomally).

Archived Post 01-22-2012 07:53 PM

Still, the hull is listed as 12,925 in the game where I purchased it. This is not a small error but a grievous one. If it were 12,000, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but 5500 is only about 40% of the advertised spec. This is listed as a "fighter" and so it should be. Shuttles just to roam about in are stupid in my opinion.

Thanks, but I'll file a bug report.

Archived Post 01-22-2012 07:57 PM

Hate to burst your bubble, but all shuttle-esque ships are worthless outside of RP and The Vault mission. Stop making such a big deal of it.

Archived Post 01-22-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairchilde
Hate to burst your bubble, but all shuttle-esque ships are worthless outside of RP and The Vault mission. Stop making such a big deal of it.

It's false advertising. Pure and simple. I'm not stating that the ships should be something they're not. It says it has 12,925 hull when it has 5500. That *is* a big deal. I would not have purchased it had it said "5500".

Let me ask you this:

You are probably level 50, so if when you got your biggest baddest ship that stated it had had a 39,000 hull and you found it was only 15,000 and maybe the 4 fore, 4 aft weapon slots turned out to be 2 and 2, would you care to be told not to make a big deal about it?

Archived Post 01-22-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TE5LA (Post 3964526)
It's false advertising. Pure and simple. I'm not stating that the ships should be something they're not. It says it has 12,925 hull when it has 5500. That *is* a big deal. I would not have purchased it had it said "5500".?

I agree. I'd be annoyed.

Archived Post 01-22-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TE5LA (Post 3964526)
It's false advertising. Pure and simple. I'm not stating that the ships should be something they're not. It says it has 12,925 hull when it has 5500. That *is* a big deal. I would not have purchased it had it said "5500".

Let me ask you this:

You are probably level 50, so if when you got your biggest baddest ship that stated it had had a 39,000 hull and you found it was only 15,000 and maybe the 4 fore, 4 aft weapon slots turned out to be 2 and 2, would you care to be told not to make a big deal about it?

If I bought my biggest baddest ship pre-50 and it had scaling stats then I would wait till I hit 50.
If the stats did not match up after I reached the level cap, then I would go to the bug report forum and post there, and not clutter up the Fed Shipyard with a topic on the matter.

Edit: The hull shows around 15600 hull for my level, so in addition to the fact that Cryptic spelled "Peregrine" incorrectly in the ship description, they probably fudged the hull value for your command level.

Bug report, make it so.

Archived Post 01-22-2012 08:43 PM

its a bug. under the cstore on the launcher its listed as 5500 and ingame cstore 5500. but if you go to the shipyard its listed higher. checked on tribble and holodeck it was stating 16500.:o

edit: all the shuttles have bugged hull strength:rolleyes:

Archived Post 01-22-2012 08:53 PM

The cstore itself clearly says 5500 as the base. This is the base, and will always be the base, but it's affected by your level and skills.

While in space, hover over your ship's portrait (inside the four shield rings), and you should see what your hull actually is.