Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Recently Picked Up Game, Promo Items? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=249773)

Archived Post 01-22-2012 07:15 PM

Recently Picked Up Game, Promo Items?

I decided to pick up the game when it went F2P, dusted off the old Target promo box I had on my bookshelf (bought it for $2 a few years back), then did a search for a few other promo items I could grab cheaply or for free - so I've got a few already.

Reading the Wiki, I noticed some of the exclusive promo items seem interesting. Photonic promo officer...chromodynamic armor...various consoles...is there a way to pick up these codes now that Steam doesn't sell the DDE anymore? Are previously existing codes acquirable/transferable?

Also, I don't understand the mechanics of the game well yet. Is there a cap on the number of BOs and consoles - which would, I expect, marginalize these? Or is there an advantage to be had acquiring all possible promotions and stacking them?

Thanks in advance for the info!

Archived Post 01-22-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aestu
I decided to pick up the game when it went F2P, dusted off the old Target promo box I had on my bookshelf (bought it for $2 a few years back), then did a search for a few other promo items I could grab cheaply or for free - so I've got a few already.

Reading the Wiki, I noticed some of the exclusive promo items seem interesting. Photonic promo officer...chromodynamic armor...various consoles...is there a way to pick up these codes now that Steam doesn't sell the DDE anymore? Are previously existing codes acquirable/transferable?

Also, I don't understand the mechanics of the game well yet. Is there a cap on the number of BOs and consoles - which would, I expect, marginalize these? Or is there an advantage to be had acquiring all possible promotions and stacking them?

Thanks in advance for the info!

You should be able to enter the retail keys here:
http://www.startrekonline.com/activate

This should theoretically upgrade you to "gold" for 30 days which gives you a lot more slots and inventory spaces as you level. The Target promo is one of the more highly desired ones right now with TR-116 rifle. You should be able to pick it up from the C-store under one of the headings (can't recall off the top of my head. Maybe "Items" or "Legacy".)

There is a cap on BOs based on level. If you get a promo BO, I would claim it. You can always dismiss him if you don't like it. Or, you can buy additional slots via C-store. i think the number of slots you get by the time you are VA is 10 assuming you didn't buy any additional, and that you remain gold member as you level.

Archived Post 01-23-2012 09:36 AM

What about acquiring some of the other promo items I mentioned? Is it possible, and is there utility in doing so?

Archived Post 01-23-2012 10:14 AM

Hi aestu,

Not so good news for you, seems that Cryptic and its business partners have just removed STO packages from the market just prior to this F2P launch...

1. As the STO Referral Programme had just been closed and you cannot refer new players to STO, The Photonic Bridge Officer referral award is not available anymore.

You can still buy a Photonic BO from the Exchange for a (high) fee, usually from the 2011 Christmas lottery package that yielded the Photonic BO... but be aware that this is *only* for one of your characters (not character-wide unlock).

2. For the Digital Deluxe Edition, even Cryptic had taken this item off its website, don't sell it anymore?
Don't think you can buy the STO DDE anymore. Anyone can confirm this?

For the Steam Edition of the Digital Deluxe Edition, you get:
a) Steam exclusive: chromodynamic armor ==> nice starter item
b) Steam exclusive: Phaser Turrent Unlock (Tactical Console)
c) Automated Defense Battery (Tactical Console) ==> One of the nicer items you can play up to end-game!
d) NX-Registry Prefix
e) TOS Uniform Set
f) Emotes x2 that no one seem to use.

Archived Post 01-23-2012 12:52 PM

Most of the pomos are on sale in the Cstore. The collectors edition is only 7 bucks on Amazon right now and I would say is worth picking up for the game time and free tiems it comes with.

And if you really do have a target code that gets you a TR Rifle be aware that thing goes for over $70 bucks on ebay. I'm sure you could trade that in for a lot of stuff to another player.