Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   kick team (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250219)

Archived Post 01-25-2012 01:03 PM

kick team

the whole team was just kicked

now team does not get fair shot at loot drops in STF's good job cryptic in adding that

how do you add this function when you know players will test it and abuse

please remove it

loot ninja take 2 that is what will happen

I have beeen waiting for some idiot to try it and they did
I have submited ticket

Archived Post 01-25-2012 02:40 PM

I have had this happen several times.
Usually right at the optional when everyone is need/ greeding. Then you get the message left team channel, then everyone passed on x.
Cannot reloot it as it is still greyed out. Cannot rejoin team.

Archived Post 01-25-2012 03:20 PM

it seems to be KDF players doing this just did infected space

guys if you leave teaam in ground mission I will not rivive you

I think they have found loop hole to disable joing team by kicking themself

I despise cheatrers but can't leave names or I will get in trouble by cryptic police squad

meanwhile there are cheaters on holodeck account violation ethics
it is the STF event right

Archived Post 01-25-2012 03:22 PM

I am playing KDF and am getting kicked. I never leave group, nor do I get reinvited.

Archived Post 01-25-2012 05:47 PM

only KDF doing this

just did all FED not one left
did 2 with KDF they left and second one quit other team members voicing opinion

what think they were trying is to redo the loot ninja bug again but found out not working

if don't what loot ninja was on tribble they were leaving team a before loot dropped and stole evebryones loot
happened to me 5 times

I know they were hoping to get some extra chips but did not

Archived Post 01-26-2012 03:27 AM

Again, I am playing KDF and this is happening to me. I am not leaving the group, I am being removed somehow. When I ask what is going on, no one says anything. I have started writing down the names of the team members to submit to the Devs. It keeps happening when rolling for optional loot in ground missions. Auto passes on rolls even when picking need/greed.

Archived Post 01-26-2012 03:44 AM

This is some kind of bug. It doesn't so much kick players from a group, but more disbands a group, or at least I think it does. It happened to our group several times yesterday, at various points during a number of STFs. Sometimes one of our group reinvited everyone, and sometimes we continued just using local or zone chat. Regardless, every time we did not have a problem with loot.

Oh, and this group I was with was usually all Fed, although it did happen a couple of times with KDF players in our team too, so it's not just KDF players trying to ninja themselves a bit of extra (pointless) loot. Have you seen the loot in the STFs? Why would anyone want to ninja it? Having said that, it doesn't stop people rolling Need on junk they are just going to sell.

Archived Post 01-26-2012 04:02 AM

Yeah, I think the group disbands because of a bug. Happened to me a couple of times, and with people who I know aren't trying any shenanigans to steal the loot. Plus both times it was on the boss, so the optional had already dropped, so it wouldn't have worked to steal loot anyway.

AFAIK, the teams for anything you do through the PvE queue are automatically formed when the STF/Fleet Action starts anyway (I think the same applies for private matches, but I'm not 100% sure), and you can't be kicked by the team leader or leave them unless you quit the STF, so it's a bug.

If it happens to you in a PuG, just invite everyone else in the STF to team.

Archived Post 01-26-2012 04:10 AM

Group disband yesterday when playing with fleet a STF, no ninja stuff just a bug, we couldn't reform group. Not a real problem, only thing is group/team powers don't work if your not in a team.

Archived Post 01-26-2012 07:36 AM

Yes the group disbands are happening all the time its some bug, it happens in fleet private stfs alot more then others.