Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Flight-Cruiser loadout? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250345)

Archived Post 01-26-2012 07:53 AM

Flight-Cruiser loadout?

I decided I wanted to try a carrier from start to finish for a char and as such now have an engineer who will get both the Dacoit and Corsair and eventually either end up in vo'quv or Karfi for end game.

That being said I am not sure how to load out the weapons on this thing... i was thinking of putting turrets on the back and dual beams and torps on the front and build it mostly toward shield tanking so that its more like my tac ships i am used to flying on fed side. I just dont know if that is viable... my guess is since its PVE most likely yes it is, I just want to have a ship that can do STF's and place well.

Also to me it seems that the tachyon interceptors are practically useless on the corsair. As soon as they are launched they are targeted by every ship and dead before they get to do anything at all, should I just use the drones from the dacoit on it instead, or did I do something wrong on the corsair with those tachyons?

(did a tac officer in corsair breifly but decided to reroll to engineer in the carriers)

Archived Post 01-29-2012 09:40 AM

I would really want build dieas for this one too as a science officer tho, science/engi console ideas would be very helpful as well as typical Bridge officer build would be amazign aswell, for weapons im going try:

Front: 2x Beam banks 1x Torpedo
Behind: 2x Normal beams 1x Mines

Not sure if the arcs would be to restrictive, what do you guys think?

Thanks again

Archived Post 01-29-2012 09:54 AM

All the flight decks turn as if there cruisers but worse. So keeping that in mind it is wiser to fit with Beam Arrays ( all ). You could also try cannons ( not dual or quads ) in front and turrets in back. If you did that it would be prudent to throw on a RCS and spec into improved turn rate.

Also the FED Mirrior universe event is crazy exp its 3 levels a hour easy and most likely 4. Keep an eye out for that on the event calendar ( press j in game to see ).

Archived Post 01-29-2012 10:30 AM

Aaah thanks, any recomendation with boffs aond consoles?

Archived Post 01-29-2012 11:00 AM

For leveling just get the console that boosts all energy damage once you get to the highest level though make sure all your weapons are the same type and get the console that boosts that type of damage. For sci get bio function monitor and for eng try to get the stuff alloy one and maybe the weapon power? but defiantly get the RCS.

Also heres a link to all consoles in game
http://www.stowiki.org/Engineering_Consoles
At the bottom you can change to different consoles.

Emergency power to weapons is good , get two of those so you can run them all the time. After that Beam fire at will is great. Get beam overload too for hull damage. For sci and eng get things that heal your hull / shields ( focus on hull heals but don't neglect shields ).

NOTE: The above is just the most optimal don't go out of your way to get different consoles but defiently train your boffs in the appropriate skills at the skill trainer.

Let me give you a sample load out:

Corsair Flight Deck cruiser

Eng: Emergency power to weapons I x 2 , Direceted energy modulation I , Reverse sheild polarity 1 , Direceted energy modulation I , Auxiliary to structural integrity II or III.

Sci: Tractor beam 1 , Transfer shield strength 1 , hazard emmitters 2 ( switch tractor with w/e you want )

Tac: Target Shield subsystems 1, beam array Fire at will 2 ( switch TSS with Beam overload if you prefer )
( USe different tac skills if you run cannons , Cannon rapid fire etc. )
Consoles:

Eng: RCS , Alloy , Alloy
Tac: All energy damage consoles
Sci:Bio function , Bio function

Archived Post 01-29-2012 03:22 PM

Aaah thanks, any recomendation with boffs aond consoles?