Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   question about how to acquire some skills after skill tree revamp. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250643)

Archived Post 01-27-2012 02:23 PM

question about how to acquire some skills after skill tree revamp.

How do you get Engineering team 3, aux to battery 1/2/3 now day? Engineering used to be teachable by technician 9, but since there is no more technician 9 now, and i look it up on the and just don't see anything on the skill tree mentioning about that skill anymore. and for aux to battery, i been searching the market for hour and aux i c is to hull intergrity, no dampen nor battery. any input? Thank you very much.

Archived Post 01-27-2012 04:41 PM

i think aux to battery you can get by taking 6 ranks of Starship batteries....

as for engineering team 3, i believe its starship hull repair.

with the new system you only need a max of 6 ranks to get the most bang for your points and learn the level 3 trainable skills, so you can spread your points out more to learn more things.

Archived Post 01-27-2012 04:53 PM

For future reference, the description of the skills says what they will unlock.

Archived Post 01-27-2012 05:01 PM

I thought Eng team 3 is trainable with 6 points into the skill "Repairs".

Archived Post 01-27-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenkari
i think aux to battery you can get by taking 6 ranks of Starship batteries....

as for engineering team 3, i believe its starship hull repair.

with the new system you only need a max of 6 ranks to get the most bang for your points and learn the level 3 trainable skills, so you can spread your points out more to learn more things.

checked and found that repair 6 is for engineering team 3. But stil can't find aux to battery, and it isn't starship battery for sure.

Archived Post 01-28-2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillson18 (Post 3975186)
checked and found that repair 6 is for engineering team 3. But stil can't find aux to battery, and it isn't starship battery for sure.

Seems like aux to battery isn't in there.

Archived Post 01-28-2012 11:09 PM

anyone know where is aux to battery now? I am able to find all the aux to XXX, just not battery, is it still in the game? if so, how do you get it? thank you.

Archived Post 01-29-2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillson18 (Post 3976968)
anyone know where is aux to battery now? I am able to find all the aux to XXX, just not battery, is it still in the game? if so, how do you get it? thank you.

i havent seen aux to battery on any Bridge officers i've had since beta, its possible at some point it was taken out.

Archived Post 01-29-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenkari
i havent seen aux to battery on any Bridge officers i've had since beta, its possible at some point it was taken out.

I think I and II can be trained by the BOff trainer at ESD. I'm not sure about III though. I'm 99% sure aux to battery is still int he game. Makes no sense to take it out.

Archived Post 01-29-2012 09:06 AM

whatexactly does aux to battery do anyway? give a temporary boost to battery usage or something?