Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   More custom ship interiors! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250751)

Archived Post 01-28-2012 07:19 AM

More custom ship interiors!

I mentioned this in another thread but I figured I might mention it here in the C-Store forum in case developers read this.

I like being able to customize my ship's bridge, but I'd also like to customize other key areas of my ships like engineering (particularly the warpcore), the crew lounge/mess, the transporter room, sickbay, and even the color of the hallways.

I'd pay for those custom options the same way I pay for bridge options.

Archived Post 01-29-2012 08:34 PM

To reinforce your idea...

Perhaps there should be some quests / missions that take place inside the player's ship, with persistant storage and other stuff too. That would justify having a custom interior for functionality and aesthetics, not just for the rare bridge visitor.

Archived Post 01-29-2012 11:48 PM

There's a few diplomatic missions that take place in your ship's observation lounge - since the graphics already exist, it'd be nice if that was an interior you could visit from the bridge too. And maybe it could be another place you could place trophies?

(While we're at it, it'd be nice if buying C-Store ships unlocked more gold trophy ship models - it always bugs me that I can't hang up trophies of every ship I've commanded...)

Archived Post 01-30-2012 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thofeleven (Post 3978534)
(While we're at it, it'd be nice if buying C-Store ships unlocked more gold trophy ship models - it always bugs me that I can't hang up trophies of every ship I've commanded...)

Agreed. Plus, I'd like to eventually see a gold trophy kitbash editor. If your starter ship, for example, was like mine - the hull of a ShiKahr, the rollbar and nacelles of a Miranda, and the pylons of a Centaur - wouldn't you like to see it instead of the regular ol' Miranda?

Archived Post 01-30-2012 05:29 AM

These demands are as old the game itself.

As part of the coming featured episodes series the original Defiant-interiors will be released for the C-store. Further canon-interior packs are already announced (Galaxy, Sovereign, Intrepid). Hopefully they'll come soon, as the current random, auto-generated interiors (excluding the TOS-package) are ugly as hell, oversized, and just absolutely illogical.

As for the functionality of the interiors: A functional bridge, sickbay, shuttle bay etc. have all been said to "be on Cryptic's radar"..

As for customizable interiors: As part of the upcoming major updates and expansion of the foundry (season 6), fully customizable ship interiors, especially your ready room, are also envisioned.
However: I wonder how much they will limit these foundry features, since nobody will actually buy the original Defiant-interiors anymore, if anyone could rebuilt them in the Foundry...

As for questing on your ship: This is a major part of Star Trek, if not THE driving force of most Trek-episodes... However, scripted, story-driven or character-evolving quests, or even combat quests in your own, customizable ship interiors will be tricky to implement... the observation lounge used for a couple of quests so far is standardized, i.e., it's the SAME for everyone, and of course, it's an instance of its own and has nothing to do with your own ship for that matter...

Archived Post 01-30-2012 03:15 PM

Would LOVE a NX class interior (NX-01 and NX-02 variants)!

Archived Post 01-30-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zehra
Would LOVE a NX class interior (NX-01 and NX-02 variants)!

Say what you want about the show itself, I did like the look of the NX and its interiors. (And there's a set of blueprints on the internet that are pretty neat.)

Archived Post 01-30-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destinii
Say what you want about the show itself, I did like the look of the NX and its interiors. (And there's a set of blueprints on the internet that are pretty neat.)

I actually REALLY liked Enterprise. Just finished my 5th time through it. People complain and moan about continuity but there really wasn't much wrong with it continuity-wise.

Archived Post 01-30-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zehra
I actually REALLY liked Enterprise. Just finished my 5th time through it. People complain and moan about continuity but there really wasn't much wrong with it continuity-wise.

I agree with you there. Just enjoy the show - what's the point of hating it? Times change, so do directors and scriptwriters. Each generation of Star Trek is reminiscent of its 'era' of creation.

That said, I would like an NX-style bridge too. It was very 'down to earth' and conveyed a strong sense of functionality.

I also fully agree with Akira_Sensei above.

If there's a fully modelled ship interior for each class, what's the purpose of having it non-functional? Being able to interact with duty and bridge officers would be a huge boon too! I would like to see how my doffs look like.

Archived Post 01-31-2012 01:44 AM

I was really looking forward to having the new Sao Paulo bridge when I bought the ship but sadly it was no where to be seen. I was really hoping that I'd finally get my hands on an interior that wasn't made entirely too large. Hopefully from here on out the new interiors are not only to scale but more like the time lines technology would allow.