Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Season 5 Dev Diary #17 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=251518)

Archived Post 02-01-2012 01:49 PM

Season 5 Dev Diary #17

Stephen encourages players to "tip" Foundry authors in this entry of the Season 5 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the news article.

Archived Post 02-01-2012 01:55 PM

It's a good idea. However it will only work for the people at the top of the already 'flawed' rating system.

There are so many good missions and excellent authors that will never get even a whiff of dilithium because of this, which is a tragedy...

Please... please... come up with some way of making the system fairer in general. So many missions go unplayed whilst the 'top' missions receive all the attention.

p.s. I'm not saying they don't deserve it, they do, but so do the others

Archived Post 02-01-2012 01:59 PM

I guess it is an ok feature for those that bother with the Foundry. As for me? I won't be using it.

Archived Post 02-01-2012 02:01 PM

Why is the maximum tip 100DL? I tipped my buddy last night to try out the feature and that was the max I could tip. )=

Archived Post 02-01-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCSWW (Post 3984737)
Why is the maximum tip 100DL? I tipped my buddy last night to try out the feature and that was the max I could tip. )=

I would guess it has to do with controlling the flow of Refined Dilithium...

Archived Post 02-01-2012 02:06 PM

Have not and will not set foot in the Foundry.

I pay a subscription fee to play official storyline material, not fanfic.

Archived Post 02-01-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCSWW (Post 3984737)

Consider this.

If 10 people play a Foundry missions and donate 100, that author just made 1000 R-Dil.

100 people? 10,000 R-Dil.

If 800 people in the span of ten days play the mission, that author just made ten days worth of R-Dil without actually having to grind.

800 people over ten days isn't an unreasonable figure, either. Easily, tens of thousands of people the game every day. I would imagine just from sheer weight of numbers, a popular Foundry author could make enough Dil for at least a while to never have to grind.

And that's if these people donate max after just one mission. Some might only donate 60 and do it for two missions.

And what's more, 100 Dil is a relatively paltry amount for any one person. Someone who really liked a mission that had a few thousand Dil just sitting around might not think twice about donating 100.

On paper, the 100 R-Dil max is really very nice.

Archived Post 02-01-2012 02:15 PM

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray

I would tip anyone who could use the foundry to improve the, imho, sub-par pvp options available.

Archived Post 02-01-2012 02:16 PM

as an author i love the tip jar, and i am very thankful for any who have tipped me.

i think its a nice feature and helps pay for those extra slots for even more great missions.

Archived Post 02-01-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerberusfilms (Post 3984723)
It's a good idea. However it will only work for the people at the top of the already 'flawed' rating system.

There are so many good missions and excellent authors that will never get even a whiff of dilithium because of this, which is a tragedy...

Please... please... come up with some way of making the system fairer in general. So many missions go unplayed whilst the 'top' missions receive all the attention.

p.s. I'm not saying they don't deserve it, they do, but so do the others

Agree with you!
But Ive loss all my hopes with the foundry.. I unpblish all my 4 storys, not beacose they were bad in the list (they went very good) but the tool bored me, not update in months and months...