Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Game Servers Full??? You have got to be kidding me (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=252348)

Archived Post 02-04-2012 11:56 AM

Game Servers Full??? You have got to be kidding me

I have attempted to login into the game three times now, and each time I was told that the game servers were full, that my position for joining the game was X out of X players...which of course changed with each attempt. What's worse is the server kicked me off so I couldn't maintain my place in line.

In the two years I have played this game, this has never happened. I would really appreciate it if someone could look into this.

Archived Post 02-04-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpadgett371 (Post 3992686)
I have attempted to login into the game three times now, and each time I was told that the game servers were full, that my position for joining the game was X out of X players...which of course changed with each attempt. What's worse is the server kicked me off so I couldn't maintain my place in line.

In the two years I have played this game, this has never happened. I would really appreciate it if someone could look into this.

You want them to look in to the fact you can't read? The game server is full, buy gold and you get in right away, I don't see the problem.

Archived Post 02-04-2012 01:52 PM

got same Message and want the Q Event to run one day more because today i could not play ... because wait time before i could do mission again and the Server Down for Maintance

and now i cant login ... before it said hours cant update game launcher

Archived Post 02-04-2012 02:00 PM

What is with maintainence on servers on a Saturday afternoon EST? And really I need a ****ing gold mebership or I get kicked when the game is full, wow this is silly. I guess maybe I was smoking crack when I thought this would be a good game to try out, hahaha.

Archived Post 02-04-2012 02:06 PM

no there is no *ucking rule but maybe there should be one ... a waiting line for new players so that the old can play without any downtime

Archived Post 02-04-2012 02:07 PM

I see nothing in the features index that states or implies there is a priority server access for gold membership, it states you can skip login for gold members, but no where does it say you get kicked if the server is full. And what is up with a server being full? is this an MMO or what? Why would their servers be full? This is kind of beyond retarded.

Archived Post 02-04-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unawarepolarbear
You want them to look in to the fact you can't read? The game server is full, buy gold and you get in right away, I don't see the problem.

Full implies it is full, so how can a gold membership get you in if it's full.....

Archived Post 02-04-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unawarepolarbear

Actually in this situation won't be helped by subscribing. I subscribed five days ago and I'm not able to get in. I didn't even get a prompt about server space like rpadgett371 did.

I log in, but then when it gets to the character menu screen it says connecting to server, then it sits there for 15 minutes and I then get kicked for inactivity. Did this twice and had the same result.

Though I did open the launcher again to see if there was a message about said problem, and it says that the Holodeck server (I guess that means the game's server) is down.

I find it strange that this game seems to only have one server, they need to really invest in a few more, I think it would cut down on a lot of problems people are having. I for one think it would help so that it doesn't take 4 to 5 minutes just to (load) dock at the Earth Space Dock.

Of the MMOs that I've played this one has the longest load times.

Archived Post 02-04-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic-Doctor (Post 3993105)
Actually in this situation won't be helped by subscribing. I subscribed five days ago and I'm not able to get in. I didn't even get a prompt about server space like rpadgett371 did.

I log in, but then when it gets to the character menu screen it says connecting to server, then it sits there for 15 minutes and I then get kicked for inactivity. Did this twice and had the same result.

Though I did open the launcher again to see if there was a message about said problem, and it says that the Holodeck server (I guess that means the game's server) is down.

I find it strange that this game seems to only have one server, they need to really invest in a few more, I think it would cut down on a lot of problems people are having. I for one think it would help so that it doesn't take 4 to 5 minutes just to (load) dock at the Earth Space Dock.

Of the MMOs that I've played this one has the longest load times.

Wow I hope they have a back up, or some services that would allow a transition for a failure to a new one. This is kind of sad for an MMO IMHO. I am glad I have not given them any money yet.

Archived Post 02-04-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rada777
I see nothing in the features index that states or implies there is a priority server access for gold membership, it states you can skip login for gold members, but no where does it say you get kicked if the server is full. And what is up with a server being full? is this an MMO or what? Why would their servers be full? This is kind of beyond retarded.

The problem I think is "server", I think the game only has one server. At least that is the impression I get from the launcher message about the problem.

It says, "Currently the Holodeck Server is down." Singular, one server.