Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Art of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   M'Ress (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=252587)

Archived Post 02-05-2012 12:46 PM

M'Ress ~ Caitian with hair.

From the animated TOS series (of which I did not watch, but know a bit about) M'Ress is a female Caitian that has hair. Quite simply, I'm wondering whether (in a future update) it would be possible to have a few select hair options for Caitian Officers?

If anything, it would make their appearance more... unique. Thoughts?

Archived Post 02-05-2012 08:23 PM

Welcome to STO! I'm so happy to read from fresh eyes on the game.

Yep. Some of us have been awaiting the option for manes. The Caitian, as is, was based purely upon the felinoids as seen in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. Who didn't display full manes of hair. As Cryptic didn't have license to interpret based upon the cartoon. If that has changed we don't know.

In theory, as the game tech improves we have hopes of improved hair tech across the board. With the Caitian benefiting as well.

Archived Post 02-06-2012 02:15 AM

Exactly. Caitains are supposed to be getting actual hairstyles when the 'new hair tech' is implemented in the game. Coming now for only almost 1.5 years.

Archived Post 02-06-2012 08:55 AM

Well, it's nice to know I'm not the only person who desires this feature, and it's nice to see that they're potentially going to be looking into it. I guess, in the meantime, it'll be a case of waiting around to see what comes up.

Edit: Thank You for the welcome by the way. :)

Archived Post 02-06-2012 09:29 PM

Captain Gecko said on the latest interview that he would like to have Caitian hair options, so at least the Devs are going to forget about it any time soon. Just depends on when their character artists have enough spare time, I guess.

Archived Post 02-07-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenizenVI
Captain Gecko said on the latest interview that he would like to have Caitian hair options, so at least the Devs are going to forget about it any time soon. Just depends on when their character artists have enough spare time, I guess.

This is good to know. :)

Archived Post 02-07-2012 11:07 AM

Also, the Caitian DOffs are displaying hair, which would probably be in violation to whatever rights, if they didn't have permission to do so.

Archived Post 02-09-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x.j
Also, the Caitian DOffs are displaying hair, which would probably be in violation to whatever rights, if they didn't have permission to do so.

Displaying facial hair as they do currently? Or displaying additional manes of hair? It's also important to distinguish Doffs as still shots. Much simpler to draw a mane - or any other fancy hairstyle - than to animate it for customization on Boffs or Captains. That is the tech that the game currently lacks. I'm hopeful.