Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   There is no emotion, there is peace... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=252927)

Archived Post 02-07-2012 06:27 AM

There is no emotion, there is peace...

While I'm still heavily invested in TOR, I did get around to re-installing STO this past weekend (wanted to get the Free flagships, while the opportunity was present)... I have spent the past few days perusing the myriad forums, and it saddens me to see that many things remain as they were, but it brings joy to my heart to see that so many of the great members of this Community are still actively involved in trying to change things for the better.

While I know that I won't be spending a huge amount of time in-game, at least, not yet... I wanted you to know that I have missed you all, and look forward to re-discovering the joy of the Community, in the days ahead...

In short... "He's Big, He's Red... He's BACK!"

So, what have I missed? :)

-BRJ

P.S. *Some Girl hugs Tide* :D

Archived Post 02-07-2012 06:42 AM

It's great to see you back my friend (hey I got the first post to say it!). There's some things they changed mostly for the better I think. The game that I left, is still there sorta. But most of it has been shot in the face and fixed. Still it's not perfect, but the game is actually playable now. :)

Anyway, welcome back again.'

Scramble isn't obnoxiously stupid anymore. Which in of itself improved pvp tons. The skill tree is interesting and I'm still min maxing it out.. (I need moar toons!) figuring out how much bonus you get from what particularly the new resistance skills. (flow capacitors are my friend... flow capacitors are my friend)

Archived Post 02-07-2012 06:46 AM

WooHOO!!!!!! Welcome back.

Archived Post 02-07-2012 06:56 AM

Finally!!! Welcome back!!! :D

Archived Post 02-07-2012 07:05 AM

I greet one of the more experienced players of this game!:)

Archived Post 02-07-2012 07:06 AM

I've reinstalled STO after if went to F2P, granted I have VA character and I've had more fun in STO lately than I've had in TOR after a few weeks after release. But things are changing around now, but this time I feel a draw to FFXIII. I wonder where the evil circle of video game addiction will take me next. I still play TOR every Tuesday and Thirsday with guildies though and it is fun, but I dont feel compelled to grind my levels in TOR any longer. It feels SO SLOW at 40 that it makes me very bored.

Also foundry is fun. And overall I like that STO is so much more sand-boxy than TOR. TOR is very linear, even though its not a bad MMORPG at all. I just feel like playing STO. I've replayed a lot of episodes since re-subbing, a lot of STFs, a lot of DOF assignments etc.

Archived Post 02-07-2012 07:14 AM

Whiskey Bravo!

Archived Post 02-07-2012 08:23 AM

Welcome back Red. You were missed :)

Archived Post 02-07-2012 08:56 AM

welcome back BRJ

Archived Post 02-07-2012 09:01 AM

My toons and I all started a human wave in your honor, sadly though, my pooch and I, were the only real enthusiasts. Between you and me, I must admit my poochie only really gave it 20%. I'm very dissappointed in him!

WELCOME BACK!