Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   New Deep Space Science Vessel? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=253200)

Archived Post 02-08-2012 09:48 AM

New Deep Space Science Vessel?
 
I was hanging around sector space near ESD yesterday and saw a ship which I didn't recognize.

I clicked on the player and looked to see what ship he was flying. It was listed as (Deep Space Science Vessel). Well my Sci officer had one but dropped it because it is so fugly. This one however was pretty sleek and impressed me so I thought, hmm...must be a C-Store skin/variant.

Well I looked in the C-store and couldn't find it, so I stopped by ESD Shipyard and checked to see if I missed a new release somehow of a new skin for the ship - nope. The god-awful looking Trident, Oracle, and Destiny classes all still listed.

So, can any one tell me what this ship I saw was? It was closest to an Oracle class, but was lacking the lower stabliizer/nacelle/hull (which is an option in customization) but more importantly, had an Akira style saucer section which was more square than round.

(or did I just completely read the wrong ship type in the owners info window??)

Thanks!

Archived Post 02-08-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Hunter (Post 4002631)
I was hanging around sector space near ESD yesterday and saw a ship which I didn't recognize.

I clicked on the player and looked to see what ship he was flying. It was listed as (Deep Space Science Vessel). Well my Sci officer had one but dropped it because it is so fugly. This one however was pretty sleek and impressed me so I thought, hmm...must be a C-Store skin/variant.

Well I looked in the C-store and couldn't find it, so I stopped by ESD Shipyard and checked to see if I missed a new release somehow of a new skin for the ship - nope. The god-awful looking Trident, Oracle, and Destiny classes all still listed.

So, can any one tell me what this ship I saw was? It was closest to an Oracle class, but was lacking the lower stabliizer/nacelle/hull (which is an option in customization) but more importantly, had an Akira style saucer section which was more square than round.

(or did I just completely read the wrong ship type in the owners info window??)

Thanks!

There is one skin in the CStore (or at least there was) but I'd not call it sleek. Nimbus I believe it's called, not exactly pretty but then none of the DSSVs are.

https://www.startrekonline.com/store

It's listed there if you want to check to see if it was the Nimbus.

OK, it won't let me link to it. It's in the Ships, Ship Costumes section.

Archived Post 02-08-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Hunter (Post 4002631)
I was hanging around sector space near ESD yesterday and saw a ship which I didn't recognize.

I clicked on the player and looked to see what ship he was flying. It was listed as (Deep Space Science Vessel). Well my Sci officer had one but dropped it because it is so fugly. This one however was pretty sleek and impressed me so I thought, hmm...must be a C-Store skin/variant.

Well I looked in the C-store and couldn't find it, so I stopped by ESD Shipyard and checked to see if I missed a new release somehow of a new skin for the ship - nope. The god-awful looking Trident, Oracle, and Destiny classes all still listed.

So, can any one tell me what this ship I saw was? It was closest to an Oracle class, but was lacking the lower stabliizer/nacelle/hull (which is an option in customization) but more importantly, had an Akira style saucer section which was more square than round.

(or did I just completely read the wrong ship type in the owners info window??)

Thanks!

That would be the Nimbus costume variant, which I happen to fly quite a lot. You can purchase them in the C-Store under "ship costumes". It comes with the secondary array underneath but I prefer to turn that off - and it does kinda look like an akira :-)

Archived Post 02-08-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caldurin
That would be the Nimbus costume variant, which I happen to fly quite a lot. You can purchase them in the C-Store under "ship costumes". It comes with the secondary array underneath but I prefer to turn that off - and it does kinda look like an akira :-)

turning the nimbus deflector off makes it have a certain battlestar galactica feel about it.

Archived Post 02-08-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Hunter (Post 4002631)
The god-awful looking Trident, Oracle, and Destiny classes all still listed.



What do you mean "awful looking?" The Trident looks pretty beast!

Archived Post 02-08-2012 10:13 AM

The only thing I don't like about the Deep Space Science Vessel is the little genitalia underneath it. I always remove its third leg when I fly the ship.

Archived Post 02-08-2012 10:15 AM

Thanks folks!

That was driving me crazy.

I looked through the ship section in the C-Store twice before I posted and somehow missed it both times. Ah well, more coffee is needed I guess. :rolleyes:

Archived Post 02-08-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
The only thing I don't like about the Deep Space Science Vessel is the little genitalia underneath it. I always remove its third leg when I fly the ship.

0_0 so what you're saying is... you like cutting off certain.............

Archived Post 02-08-2012 10:19 AM

I was quite hot on the Nimbus for a long time. Don't see it too often these days.

Archived Post 02-08-2012 03:07 PM

I never really like the aesthetics any of the DSSVs sets. I always did a kit bash variantto get something I liked. when the Nimbus class skin came out, I bought it in an instant. And I've been flying it ever since as it.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:08 AM.