Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   List the things you want in the C-store Odyssey variant (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=253275)

Archived Post 02-08-2012 04:24 PM

List the things you want in the C-store Odyssey variant
 
We all know its coming, new C-store Odyssey, ill be honest, ill buy it if its a nice, useful ship. For example i think the sao paulo refit was worth every penny.

List the things you want to see with the new Odyssey, i'll list mine below. ill exclude the saucer sep and aux craft since we know those are coming

1. Lt. universal
2. universal console or 4/3/2 eng, tact, sci console
3. CANNONS, i know some may not agree with this, with the turnrate and all, ill manage
4. new skin variant. since ive asked for the typhoon for the longest time, this would be a good opportuiny to make it a odyssey variant, updated with new textures and what not of course
5. new deflector, not a fan of this one, seems kind of broken in the center
6. SEE THROUGH BUSSARDS like the galaxy and odyssey in ESD and blue bussards, some sci vessels have this
7. a nice bridge
8. in fact see through nacelles like this http://123hutch1.files.wordpress.com...10706_0003.jpg

awesome

Archived Post 02-08-2012 04:28 PM

Saucer Seperation and Aux craft. That is what it is coming with.
I doubt they will change any of her stats or add anything else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gapaxbr (Post 4003621)
1. Lt. universal
2. universal console or 4/3/2 eng, tact, sci console
3. CANNONS, i know some may not agree with this, with the turnrate and all, ill manage
4. new skin variant. since ive asked for the typhoon for the longest time, this would be a good opportuiny to make it a odyssey variant, updated with new textures and what not of course
5. new deflector, not a fan of this one, seems kind of broken in the center
6. SEE THROUGH BUSSARDS like the galaxy and odyssey in ESD and blue bussards, some sci vessels have this
7. a nice bridge

1. Maybe it will return, but I doubt it.
2. It's a Heavy Star Cruiser, it will be more combat capable with the Saucer Sep.
3. same as 2
4. It already comes with the "2409" skin. capnLogan did seem receptive, as did CaptainGeko, to variant in her model in the future.
5. When the Venture came out, it had that same strange box in the middle of it's deflector also. 2409 deflector design?
6. meh
7. It already comes with a rehashed C-Store bridge for free.

Archived Post 02-08-2012 04:29 PM

By cannons you mean Dual/Dual Heavy cannons, which is not going to happen.
The Odyssey is an explorer, not a warship.

Archived Post 02-08-2012 04:31 PM

the dreadnaught cruiser has cannons, its an explorer, but perhaps a combat variant? STo does take place in the middle of conflict after all

Archived Post 02-08-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gapaxbr (Post 4003643)
the dreadnaught cruiser has cannons, its an explorer, but perhaps a combat variant? STo does take place in the middle of conflict after all

Yeah, pretty sure it's a combat variant, lol.
But I am in agreeance with kirian_darkstar here. They C-Store variant will probably be just that: a variant, with a saucer sep console and the auxiliary craft.
The BortaS variant will also have it's auxiliary craft, though I also think the chances are high that it may have a special console or weapon.

Archived Post 02-08-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gapaxbr (Post 4003643)
the dreadnaught cruiser has cannons, its an explorer, but perhaps a combat variant? STo does take place in the middle of conflict after all

Gal-X also has a 5th foreward weapon in the Phaser lance. She also can't Saucer Seperate because of it, so she stays slow turning.

Archived Post 02-08-2012 04:52 PM

to put it into todays vernacular...

Anti Submarine capabilities.... IE i want some way to truely ferret out those cloaked ships really well 8P

Archived Post 02-08-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gapaxbr (Post 4003643)
the dreadnaught cruiser has cannons, its an explorer, but perhaps a combat variant? STo does take place in the middle of conflict after all

The Dreadnought is a warship, its right there in the name itself.

Its also been explicitly stated that the Odyssey is a ship designed for starfleets core mission, exploration, rather than just another warmachine.

Archived Post 02-08-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gapaxbr (Post 4003621)
We all know its coming, new C-store Odyssey, ill be honest, ill buy it if its a nice, useful ship. For example i think the sao paulo refit was worth every penny.

List the things you want to see with the new Odyssey, i'll list mine below. ill exclude the saucer sep and aux craft since we know those are coming

1. Lt. universal
2. universal console or 4/3/2 eng, tact, sci console
3. CANNONS, i know some may not agree with this, with the turnrate and all, ill manage
4. new skin variant. since ive asked for the typhoon for the longest time, this would be a good opportuiny to make it a odyssey variant, updated with new textures and what not of course
5. new deflector, not a fan of this one, seems kind of broken in the center
6. SEE THROUGH BUSSARDS like the galaxy and odyssey in ESD and blue bussards, some sci vessels have this
7. a nice bridge
8. in fact see through nacelles like this http://123hutch1.files.wordpress.com...10706_0003.jpg

awesome

9. A set of Recharable batteries (all 4 of them) like we saw in the Odyssey prototype mission...

Archived Post 02-08-2012 05:10 PM

Airbags; I don't trust its seat belts enough.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:25 PM.