Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Graphical and Sound Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Experiencing Sound/ Audio Bugs or Issues? Post about them in here! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=253290)

Archived Post 02-04-2012 11:39 AM

Experiencing Sound/ Audio Bugs or Issues? Post about them in here!

There is the most awful noise playing on Deep Space Nine. The only ways to get away from it are to either turn your sound off, beam out, go to the exchange area, or go to the shipyard. This has been going on since your patch 2 days ago and the frequency of the sound has actually induced nausea and vertigo in me. I don't know if its affected anyone else in this way but I have been told other people have been hearing it. It should have been fixed the moment it was discovered as it is a potential health hazard for some people because it is a well known fact that certain frequencies of sound can induce my symptoms and even seizures in some people. Please fix this quickly! Thank you.

Archived Post 02-04-2012 12:56 PM

yes i have this same problem turning off game sound doesnt work either i have to take my headset off before beaming down. to help with any potential diagnostics i use a g930 logitech headset with 7.1 surround in surround mode it also produces the noise in stereo.

Archived Post 02-05-2012 05:47 AM

Bumped so the devs will find it easily.

Archived Post 02-05-2012 06:07 AM

Bumping is generally not allowed . What you should do is simply file a Bug report. That way it will be seen by the QA team and prioritized based on standard parameters:

Affects Everyone
Affects one Faction or the other
Affects an individual
Player stupidity

Archived Post 02-08-2012 06:35 PM

Experiencing Sound/ Audio Bugs or Issues? Post about them in here!

Went to DS9 tonight to get some new gear. Beaming down to DS9 starts playing this super loud grinding noise.

I turned off ALL sounds in game, it's still there. The minute I beam off DS9, no problems.

Using a Razer Megaldon headset, works fine in Ventrilo, Skype, every other game I play.

Help?

Archived Post 02-09-2012 08:22 AM

I have a Logitech G930 Headset and i have the same thing happen to me

Archived Post 02-09-2012 08:27 AM

i just don't like lita her voice really creeps me out.

Archived Post 02-10-2012 06:02 PM

Having the same problem here on a Logitech G35 headset. The grinding/buzzing sound only plays on the promenade. It doesn't happen in Ops or in the areas off the promenade, like the bank/exchange or the shipyard. Adjusting all of the seperate volume sliders had no effect on the sound, and I have not heard it in any other area of the game.

EDIT: I can also confirm that the sound only seems to happen on my aforementioned USB headphones, and not when I'm playing on speakers run off my onboard sound card.

Archived Post 02-11-2012 06:53 AM

DS9 sound issues

I am having a similar problem. I am using a logitech G930 headset

Archived Post 02-11-2012 12:30 PM

Same problem here. Logitech G35. Crackling like hell on DS9, the moment I bean out all is well.