Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Can we FINALLY get a customized cursor in this game? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=253300)

Archived Post 02-08-2012 07:13 PM

Can we FINALLY get a customized cursor in this game?

My biggest and longest standing issue with this game is the size of the cursor or game pointer. It is so small and innocuous that I lose track of it from time to time. Particularly in fleet battles. Last night I played the Foundry mission "Not our War" part one, which was a fun mission and had some incredibly detailed and frenetic fleet action. Unfortunately my enjoyment of the mission was lessened by repeatedly losing track of where the tiny almost "transparent" cursor was!

I saw Chris Las say that there are ways to alter your on screen cursor size and color, but doing so was a violation of terms and could conceivably lead to account termination! So I am curious what if anything has Cryptic done or do they plan to do about this problem? I know I'm not the only person who has this issue with the game, so anyone have any ideas about this matter? I'd really appreciate being able to change the size of the damned thing! C'mon Cryptic give us players who already have to wear glasses a break and let us alter the damned thing!

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated in advance.

LLAP

Archived Post 02-08-2012 10:01 PM

PLEASE..

There are many Vision Impared Folks sturggling to play the game.

:eek:

Archived Post 02-08-2012 10:45 PM

I lose my cursor far too often now and it really makes space battles tough at times.

Archived Post 02-08-2012 11:11 PM

This topic comes up from time to time and I have yet to see a Dev post in any of the other threads that have raised this issue.

I also wish that they would go back to the cursor that they had in the closed and open beta's. It was the same shape as the cursor in game now. Was gold in color, and slightly bigger than the one in game at this time. It was very easy to see, and I never lost track of my cursor, even in the most heated of engagements.

I've never understood why they changed it to the invisible one that we have now.

Archived Post 02-08-2012 11:37 PM

I still have the .zip of STO-Advanced's larger, golden cursor. Due to the question of whether or not it's against the ToS to use it, I won't post it here, but I think some of the folks over at the STO subreddit (reddit.com/r/sto) have it as well.

Archived Post 02-09-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddishWizardguy
I still have the .zip of STO-Advanced's larger, golden cursor. Due to the question of whether or not it's against the ToS to use it, I won't post it here, but I think some of the folks over at the STO subreddit (reddit.com/r/sto) have it as well.

It wasn't against the TOS to use as a dev said at one point its fine to use as your not modifying the game files, it was just the guy who made the mod got fed up with sto and rage quit. Yes we definitely need this.

Archived Post 02-09-2012 04:49 AM

We desperately need a larger, easier to see cursor!

Archived Post 02-09-2012 04:09 PM

hell yes

+1

Archived Post 02-09-2012 07:46 PM

I could SO go for a larger cursor. I don't know how big the cursor is at smaller resolutions but at 1080 it is freakin' tiny.

On the up side, sometimes the game glitches and gives the cursor a trail. Then it is much easier to locate.

Archived Post 02-09-2012 07:55 PM

If they made a new pointer it would probably cost 2000 c-points.