Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Lifetime members, who ALREADY PAID, shouldn't have to pay to open loot (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=253466)

Archived Post 02-09-2012 11:47 AM

Lifetime members, who ALREADY PAID, shouldn't have to pay to open loot

We, as lifetime subscribers, already paid upfront for the continued development of this game. We didn't pay so that it would go F2P. Now I'm fine with opening the game up for more players via F2P, but we, as Lifetime subscribers should not be subsequently nickel and dimed for every new addition to the game. Again, we already PAID FOR THAT!

Lifetime subscribers should therefore be provided with either a master-master key that is permanently attached to all characters on the account, or the boxes should automatically open for those with Lifetime subscriptions to the game. Period!

I'm perfectly fine paying for special items listed in the C-Store, as I've already probably spent an equal amount in C-Store purchases as I did for my Lifetime subscription. I am NOT OK with having to pay to open loot items that I earn from playing the game, again, a game that we already paid for the continued development of.

And when you come to the conclusion that this is the proper way to treat your lifetime subscribers, especially those who've been around since beta days, you should also refund any of our master key purchases already made.

Archived Post 02-09-2012 11:49 AM

You paid for access to the game... and more importantly, you paid it to someone else.
PWE wants your money. Now, not two years ago.
You're welcome not to buy lottery tickets from them, but don't expect to be given any for free.

Archived Post 02-09-2012 11:57 AM

Yes we are just dead weight to them unless we pay something. The 400CP a month only makes me spend another 800Cp a month to get something. It is a nice gift but the truth is that I will keep spending money if they keep coming out with all of those cool toys.

Archived Post 02-09-2012 12:06 PM

Only solution I see would be to make the ship available for a flat rate i nthe c-store to lifetime or gold members, and you would buy it like any other c-store ship.

Personaly i'd be happy if they simply stoped spamming me every time some one else got the ship.

Archived Post 02-09-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiQ
Only solution I see would be to make the ship available for a flat rate i nthe c-store to lifetime or gold members, and you would buy it like any other c-store ship.

Personaly i'd be happy if they simply stoped spamming me every time some one else got the ship.

The above will not happen for the same reason that has been repeated nearly ad nauseam.

CBS will not allow a ship to be used in such a way as to be defined as "non-canon" (ex. Fed captains flying around in a Galor in large numbers). In order to win CBS' approval for the ship to be used in shcu a way ingame, it must be obtained in a manner that is defined as "ultra-rare". (read: not readily or easily obtainable) Therefore, ships such as the Galor will never be obtainable in the C-Store, at any price. They can only be obtained in such manner as a grab bag or lottery, and be the ultra-rare prize in such methods.

Archived Post 02-09-2012 02:12 PM

As a Lifer it does not bother me really. It's a Subscription benefit only - not a you can have everything pass. Pre-Free2Play I saw it as; Pay Monthly, 6 Monthly, or pay Once. Once you pass the LTS cost threshold you feel the cost benefits. There was plenty of C-Store before F2p so nothing has really changed for me. There is nothing in the Lock Box that I really want anyway.

Archived Post 02-09-2012 02:17 PM

WIth most items from the lock boxes being put up on exchange anyway, I already got what I wanted for my toons. I really don't care about the Galor for my Feds.

Archived Post 02-09-2012 06:35 PM

Sorry I must EDIT my post in view of new info.

In other words I just read the FAQ

There is nothing wrong in my opinion with the boxes and the keys to open them.

:o

They are extra stuff.

Cheers
And keep up the good work :)

PA

Archived Post 02-09-2012 07:14 PM

Honestly, every time I see a thread like this I simply think back to the Bug fiasco. People are going to be willing to pay well over a hundred dollars to grab the next "cool" thing to keep up with the Jones-es, and well over 80% of those won't have a fracking clue how to even use their new, shiny toy. If I get one? Cool. If not? No biggie, not going to spend more than my 400 Cp stipend on keys.

However, on topic… welcome to the reality of Free-to-Play, it doesn't just pay for itself, the lotteries are designed to fill the coffers and keep the game in development and keep servers open. Start giving Gold members freebies, the silvers are going to start crying like some Golds currently are. If STO didn't have the one-time account option, something like giving a key-pack as part of the stipend for events like this would be feasable, but with the fact that there already is a large number of LTS', and more every day, it's just not financially feasible. The goal of Cryptic (and Perfect World) is to profit, or at least break even on operational costs. If the game can't do that, they'll scrap it.

Archived Post 02-09-2012 07:17 PM

cryptic knows they can syphon money off of the lifers so they will continue to syphon money off of the lifers.
i will never put money into a mystery box. neither should any of you.