Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Cure Elite (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=253633)

Archived Post 02-09-2012 08:56 PM

Cure Elite Space

How many people read the forums we'll probably never know. But if this reaches 10% of the people who play the game I'll be happy.

Here's my message concerning Cure Elite space missions on the STF's;

DO NOT KILL THE CUBES!

You might have played the Cure on normal once or twice and won so you 'know' how it's done but this is not Cure normal. It is Cure ELITE!!! It is not the same.

If you kill the cubes too early then wave after wave of big mean ugly raptors come out and even a good team could seldom if ever keep them away from the Kang.

There are dozens upon dozens of threads in the forums about how to win the Cure Elite. So please find one and read it. There are many videos on YouTube about winnling the Cure Elte. So please find one and watch it.

Now chances are that if you read the forums, you probably do know how to do a Cure on Elite. So when you do one and try to 'tutor' the noobes remember these immortal words. "Aaaaarrrrggggg."

When you ask them to not kill the cubes, good luck. Because it's going to fall on deaf ears.

Enjoy
:)

Archived Post 02-09-2012 09:13 PM

Part 2, Cure Elite

Here's just another hint that I haven't seen much about.

LEARN TO USE YOUR SPARE PARTS!

You should have have major, minor and critical repair parts in your inventory. USE THEM while doing Elite STF's. Elites are HARD on your ship. They will fill the broken ship accolades quick and easy.

Use every chance you get to check your ships damage and FIX IT.

I've seen ship after ship that was held together with a thread trying to do the Cure Elite. Then they wonder why they are being repeatedly killed with one shot from a raptor.

Using the spare parts is almost CRITICAL for successful Elite missions.

Archived Post 02-09-2012 09:25 PM

Part 3, Cure Elite.

This is becoming a bit of a Pet Peave.

If you are going to do an Elite. PLEASE don't go in there with a different type of beam or cannon in each slot. Technicolor beams might be pretty and flashy but they do VERY LITTLE damage. Don't mix and match your beam or cannon types. You are shooting your DPS in the foot. If you go into Karrat or a PvP like that the klinks will just say thanks for the quick easy kill.

Use one type of beam or cannon. Polaron, Antiproton, Phaser, Disruptor, it doesn't matter. Just use one type and you can max out the DPS for that weapon using the consoles and other buffs.

If you are using multible beams or cannons, mouse over the weapon in the skills tray and check the DPS. Then install all the same weapon, 3 or 4 consoles to match that weapon and mouse over. You will be suprised at the difference.

That's not saying you can mix beams WITH cannons, it's just mixing the TYPE of beams or cannon that make a difference.

Archived Post 02-10-2012 10:22 AM

Part 4, Cure Elite

What I hear when trying to keep noobes from killing the cubes? (Hey! That rhymes!)

1. Why?
Because this isn't a normal Cure! It is Different. Waves of big ugly mean nasty raptors will spawn from the other cubes and kill us all!

And they kill the cube anyhow.

2. But we have to kill the cubes!
NO, This isn't a normal Cure! It is different. Waves of big ugly mean nasty raptors will spawn from the other cubes and kill us all!

3. But the mission discription says to kill the cubes.
NO, This isn't a normal Cure! It is different. Waves of big ugly mean nasty raptors will spawn from the other cubes and kill us all!

4. If we kill the cubes the raptors will stop coming.

5. I've done this before.
Fine, kill the cubes. Waves of big ugly mean nasty raptors will spawn from the other cubes and kill us all!

So they kill the cube.

6. Your wrong.
Fine, kill the cubes. Waves of big ugly mean nasty raptors will spawn from the other cubes and kill us all!

So they kill the cube.

7. I have a shiny new Oddesy. I can handle it.

As his Oddesy goes boom.

I could go on and on.

Finally I will say, "READ THE FORUMS concerning the Cure Elite."

The common responce will be, "The forums are out of date." or "Nobody there knows anything." or "Forums?" or most commonly, "Read?"

And so we continue to lose the Cure Elite, the easiest of the Elite space missions.

One final thought on this part of the rant, Have you guys ever noticed that the person who kills the cube is the first to leave after the Kang dies?

Archived Post 02-10-2012 03:21 PM

Part 5, Cure Elite

Even the good teams fail.

I've only done the Cure Elite about 40 times. Of those I've only seen 1 win. I've never seen an Optional win. Of the 40 only half a dozen were close. Of those half dozen, it's always been because someone kills a cube before the others were down to 10%. Usually the other two cubes are setting at 50% or higher. There's no way to kill them quick enough after the first cube dies.

So, there's one thing that seems lacking.

COMMUNICATION!!!!!

Announce when the you're cubes nodes are dead.

Announce when your cube is at 10%.

STOP SHOOTING when the cube hits 10%.

Announce when you need help at the Kang.

Communicate with the other players in the PuG.

It's all about communication!!!!

But unfortunatly, there is always one noobe with his or her chat screen turned off.

All you can do is try.

Archived Post 02-10-2012 03:32 PM

Part 6, Cure Elite

Protect the Kang!

There are 5 ships in the Pug.

One of those ships, sometimes two, will be protecting the Kang.

The protectors need high DPS and heal abilities.

The rest of the group is out busy killing and being killed.

So the rest of you out there that are killing and being killed should be LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER AT THE KANG!

If you see the protectors may be getting into trouble, break combat and help them.

It doesn't do ANY GOOD if the Kang dies because one of the protectors is using technicolor beams. Fly back and help!!!! I cannot express that more.

And HEAL the Kang EVERY chance you get. Even if the Kang is at 99%, throw it a heal. A 100% healthy Kang stands a better chance of survival than an 90% healthy Kang. Especially if you are trying to fight off the big ugly mean monster raptors that pop out when someone blows up a cube too early. :mad:

Archived Post 02-10-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake81499 (Post 4010920)
Protect the Kang!

There are 5 ships in the Pug.

One of those ships, sometimes two, will be protecting the Kang.

The protectors need high DPS and heal abilities.

The rest of the group is out busy killing and being killed.

So the rest of you out there that are killing and being killed should be LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER AT THE KANG!

If you see the protectors may be getting into trouble, break combat and help them.

It doesn't do ANY GOOD if the Kang dies because one of the protectors is using technicolor beams. Fly back and help!!!! I cannot express that more.

And HEAL the Kang EVERY chance you get. Even if the Kang is at 99%, throw it a heal. A 100% healthy Kang stands a better chance of survival than an 90% healthy Kang. Especially if you are trying to fight off the big ugly mean monster raptors that pop out when someone blows up a cube too early. :mad:

The biggest problem is not players who don't know how the elite STF's work its the players who point blank refuse to listen or even use team chat. The amount of players I'v come across who don't reply to Zone, Team or Private message is just insane for an MMO game.

Archived Post 02-10-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jounar (Post 4011037)
The biggest problem is not players who don't know how the elite STF's work its the players who point blank refuse to listen or even use team chat. The amount of players I'v come across who don't reply to Zone, Team or Private message is just insane for an MMO game.

The people who refuse to listen or watch their team chat ARE the ones who don't know how to do elites. Yes the number of those people who do this is truly mind boggling.

I just call them Rambo and wait for us all to die.

If Star Trek were real and we had to deal with these kinds of people in real life, Half the population of the world would be forced to be Klingon servants and the other half would have been eaten by the Gorn.

Unfortunatly there is no provision in the game to allow us to execute or demote players who cannot or refuse to follow simple instructions when playing in groups.

Part 7 coming soon.:eek:

Archived Post 02-10-2012 08:44 PM

i had this happen earlier today actually. 5 ship PUG Myself and another in th MVAM's protecting the kang and the other 3 taking out the first group. as they're finishing up i say to leave the cube and move on. Two guys kep attacking the cube. As it continues the other MVAM even starts telling them to quite attacking. we ask nicely but the two guys just keep attacking. Finally they blow the cube and shortly after the mission as well. Afterwards one fot eh guys finally speaks up and pulls the whole argument you listed.

Frankly i don't care if you've never done the mission, i don't care if you do it better than i do, but the main thing is that you LISTEN and COMMUNICATE with the rest of the team. If more than one person is telling you not to do something then please, don't do it. Sure some people could be a little nicer when it comes to leading a team, but at the same time, if you go in and refuse to talk or more importantly listen, then you're just wasting every ones time and resources.

personally i think that there should be some kind of Vote added that let's you do some thing along the lines of kicking a player for a replacment, giving them the one hour cooldown reguardless of outcome, or some thing. Some kind of way to keep people from griefing the rest of the team just because they refuse to be a team player in an STF.

Archived Post 02-10-2012 09:17 PM

So True.

LOL. That is so true. LISTEN and COMMUNICATE!!! I see what you're saying all the time.

Tonight we won #2 for me. I seriously think I was the only one killing nodes for the first several minutes of the game. We won though and that's what counts. Communication was mostly fair.

LOL. Your report was good though. Made me giggle.