Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   DS9 Uniform Opened but added nothing new (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=253731)

Archived Post 02-10-2012 06:18 AM

DS9 Uniform Opened but added nothing new

Just wanted to let you guys know that if you already have the DS9 uniform option you can still open the DS9 uniform pack from the lockboxes.

However, they will NOT add any new uniforms. I had hoped I might get the "open" variant. Or that the item would just not open and I could sell it back to the exchange. But it did in fact open, gave me two items which looked like armor (which never went into my inventory).

I went to the tailor and still had the same DS9 option I did before -- but not the open variant.

As another test, I tried opening another and it did not allow me to -- stating I could only have one unique at a time.

It would be nice if this DS9 "set" opened both versions.

-Forjo

Archived Post 02-10-2012 06:51 AM

Did the same thing

Hi, I did the same thing , hoping for a new uniform , since i have both open and regular DS9 set. But did nothing. I still hope it is a new uniform that is just bugged, guess we will see.

Archived Post 02-10-2012 08:23 AM

For what I've heard, it is the same uniform from C-Store in the sense it unlocks the same items. But I don't think it actually look to check if the player already has the costume unlocked. Also it isn't unlocking the costume for the account as stated on the FAQ. I've bought one on the exchange and opened it on a character and it gained acess to the costumes, but when I switched characters, it wasn't available. I believe this must be a bug.

Archived Post 02-10-2012 08:33 AM

The thing with the lockboxes is that if you already have the item you can give it to someone else. So if you already have the DS9 uniform you can sell it to someone else or give it friends/fleetmates. The same goes with the HoloBoffs and everything else. I gave Fleetmates a couple of Hortas and a HoloBoff from the Winter Event because I already owned them.

Archived Post 02-10-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic_One (Post 4009299)
The thing with the lockboxes is that if you already have the item you can give it to someone else. So if you already have the DS9 uniform you can sell it to someone else or give it friends/fleetmates. The same goes with the HoloBoffs and everything else. I gave Fleetmates a couple of Hortas and a HoloBoff from the Winter Event because I already owned them.

Yes, I already knew that. But it wasn't clear that I had it or not. I knew I had the standard DS9 costume, but I didn't know if the box added anything. I had to click it to find out. And when I did, it opened (which it shouldn't) and added nothing new.

-Forjo

Archived Post 02-10-2012 03:38 PM

Last I knew, the open variants were a c-store unlock with all of the other open uniforms.