Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Voice Overs in the new ep (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=254225)

Archived Post 02-11-2012 07:31 PM

Voice Overs in the new ep

My god....

The Cardassian Diplomat voice actor must have been told to "play a caricature of a sinister guy pretending to voice-act in an opera...that's pretending" Same with the female Vorta...these two stood out. TERRIBLE.

Overall...all of the voice acting was overdone... Tell all voice actors to tone it down.....and stop ACTING! and start acting.

Every time I watch a STO cutscene I ask myself do people or aliens from the show really act LIKE THIS? Do they gesticulate this much with their hand motions?

Don't give us voice-overs if it makes me laugh at what's going on with the story.

Archived Post 02-11-2012 07:33 PM

You haven't lived until you've seen an Orion gesticulate without using hand motions.

Archived Post 02-11-2012 07:38 PM

but... Lykotion... they went.. to. the. shatner school of... acting.

( okay I don't know haven't played yet :D )

Archived Post 02-11-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thissler
You haven't lived until you've seen an Orion gesticulate without using hand motions.

haha I haven't had the pleasure. During the Doomsday remastered episode there's one point where you're on the Klingon ship that you contact someone back at Starfleet...but man...hahah...the gesticulating is borderline seizure-like

Archived Post 02-11-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
but... Lykotion... they went.. to. the. shatner school of... acting.

( okay I don't know haven't played yet :D )

I want to say that it's worse...actually it is worse.

Archived Post 02-11-2012 07:42 PM

I am of a different opinion -- ANY voice acting is better than stone-cold silence. I found it a welcome and worthy addition. Sure, the quality wasn't the best, but that's become a trademark of STO and I wasn't expecting any more.

Glad to have VOs!!

Archived Post 02-11-2012 07:44 PM

I kinda liked the way they made Caption Shon talk, his hammyness reminded me of Captain Kirk! :D

Archived Post 02-11-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkjedi (Post 4013815)
I am of a different opinion -- ANY voice acting is better than stone-cold silence. I found it a welcome and worthy addition. Sure, the quality wasn't the best, but that's become a trademark of STO and I wasn't expecting any more.

Glad to have VOs!!

I'm of the school that if you're not going to take it to a certain credible standard, don't insult me by having some $10 an hour voice actor do some laughable dialog that's going to break my immersion...my favorite part of the new ep was the last 1/4th of it battling Jem'Hadar ships outside DS9...the part without voice dialog.

Archived Post 02-11-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobservo
I kinda liked the way they made Caption Shon talk, his hammyness reminded me of Captain Kirk! :D

Captain Shon was probably the best of the bunch.

Everyone else was a caricature.

Archived Post 02-11-2012 09:10 PM

which characters were voiced by STOked members?