Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   2800 Failure No Success yes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=254332)

Archived Post 02-12-2012 07:28 AM

2800 Failure No Success yes

All i have seen since the FE went live are people complaining about it well why not take a moment to look at what was good

Good characters i loved the Gorn and the Vorta, shes going to get a punch in the face from me i instantly hate her.
I loved the having to break out of DS9 and escape and having runabouts and turrets help you in defending DS9

I liked how that annoying scotish commander who didnt got you to run around telling the Ambassadors about the delay got murdered by that steroid abusing Jem Hadar soldier (he was massive all i can picture now is having to fight him Indiana Jones style, Kirk drop kick :D )

I also liked how you didnt win. there wasnt a happy ending that i liked a lot.

sure there were bits and bobs that could have done with a bit of a rethink or a bit of polish before it came out but all i can think of now is whats going to happen next week

so share what was good about it and what you liked rather than saying it was rubbish because it wasnt

Archived Post 02-12-2012 07:42 AM

I agree. I enjoyed the mission as well.

I didn't have too much problems with the Voice overs. I was really impressed with the Gorn's one. The background Gorn hiss was cool.

Had nice atmosphere. Neat optional missions.

The combat was rather tame, but it is the start of a 5 part story so I imagine the others will make up for it. Overall I was impressed.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 07:55 AM

most of the issues are team rleated, I played it 3 times yesterday and didn'T enountered any problems in solo play.

Though there are some bugs like the engi kits not working. Overall it was the best opener for the FE till now.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 07:56 AM

Yeah overall I was impressed. I believe this mission set up a good setting for the rest of the series to take place in. The VO's were really nice I thought although the girl sounded like a fake Scottish accent (I am from England and I never heard any Scottish person sound like that). She did sound a lot like the people from Voyager’s episode “Fair Haven”. Also on the ground map when you had to get to your ship all the debris on the ground could be moved around although it made the game a little bit laggy at times. The space part was fun fighting the Dominion. Overall verdict 8 out of 10.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 07:59 AM

My only nit-pick was some of the voice overs...

Otherwise I liked the Episode, it was fun.... :)

Archived Post 02-12-2012 08:01 AM

I was like "meh"... this is pretty much like any other mission...

Then I remembered that there are 4 more episodes coming, and i figures "maybe it will be awesome when I have the mission as a whole"...

Untill then, I will find that particular mission mediocre, and continue to go "meh".

Archived Post 02-12-2012 08:15 AM

I like the story so far. It felt like DS9 very much. But ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalic89
I loved the having to break out of DS9 and escape and having runabouts and turrets help you in defending DS9

These two elements I didn't like that much. I've already run around DS9 in a similar fashion except it was filled cardassians, in a fleet action. The whole thing felt just like content I've already done, right down to enemies shooting at me from above.

Then fighting the fleet wormholing into DS9, to protect the station ... again, I've done that before in a fleet action.

I'm not complaining mind you. Just saying those two parts were not really my favorite bits. Oddly enough, the diplomatic parts were my favorite. Especially the conference.

Quote:

I liked how that annoying scotish commander who didnt got you to run around telling the Ambassadors about the delay got murdered by that steroid abusing Jem Hadar soldier (he was massive all i can picture now is having to fight him Indiana Jones style, Kirk drop kick :D )
Since her voice has been one of the better Voiceovers in this game's history, losing her in the first episode bummed me out.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superchum (Post 4014947)
I like the story so far. It felt like DS9 very much. But ...

These two elements I didn't like that much. I've already run around DS9 in a similar fashion except it was filled cardassians, in a fleet action. The whole thing felt just like content I've already done, right down to enemies shooting at me from above.

Then fighting the fleet wormholing into DS9, to protect the station ... again, I've done that before in a fleet action.

I'm not complaining mind you. Just saying those two parts were not really my favorite bits. Oddly enough, the diplomatic parts were my favorite. Especially the conference.

Since her voice has been one of the better Voiceovers in this game's history, losing her in the first episode bummed me out.

Which reminds me. Are they ever going to bring back DS9 under Seige?

Archived Post 02-12-2012 08:23 AM

mission was great, gonna keep replaying it. just hope the disapearing npcs and scottish chick cutscene get fixed.(she doesnt get hit by jem schwarzenegger she just falls over)

Archived Post 02-12-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hornet331 (Post 4014893)
most of the issues are team rleated, I played it 3 times yesterday and didn'T enountered any problems in solo play.

Same...

I played it twice on two for my characters solo with no issues.

Teamed up with a friend and one bug and annoyance after another to the point we broke team and soloed it and no problems after that.