Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   The new commodities (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=254337)

Archived Post 02-12-2012 07:45 AM

The new commodities
 
Anyone know where to get the new commodities, other then the exchange? I am seeing a lot of missions that use them, but barely any to get them, and I want to partake in the fun >.<

Also, where do you get Jem'Hadar DOFFS? I have seen a few people mention them, but no one wants to tell :P Thanks!

Archived Post 02-12-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godimas (Post 4014874)
Anyone know where to get the new commodities, other then the exchange? I am seeing a lot of missions that use them, but barely any to get them, and I want to partake in the fun >.<

Also, where do you get Jem'Hadar DOFFS? I have seen a few people mention them, but no one wants to tell :P Thanks!



Yes. The commodities come in the Cardassian LockBoxes, I believe.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 07:52 AM

new commodities can be gained via doff trade assignments in the cardassian space.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godimas (Post 4014874)
Anyone know where to get the new commodities, other then the exchange? I am seeing a lot of missions that use them, but barely any to get them, and I want to partake in the fun >.<

Also, where do you get Jem'Hadar DOFFS? I have seen a few people mention them, but no one wants to tell :P Thanks!

There are some 'Haggle' assignments to get the new commodity types that occur in Cardassian space sectors, but they are uncommon, and you have to keep an eye out for them...

Archived Post 02-12-2012 08:02 AM

So... even though they said that they would never make us pay for content... we kind of have to here if we want to do these missions. 100cp for the lock boxes I mean. Correct me if im wrong though.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godimas (Post 4014905)
So... even though they said that they would never make us pay for content... we kind of have to here if we want to do these missions. 100cp for the lock boxes I mean. Correct me if im wrong though.

You're wrong. You can get these new commodities from "Haggle" assignments, no CP needed :)

As for the Jem Hadar DOffs , there are 2 so far (more to come soon). Both are from doing colonial chain missions, specifically from Betreka

Archived Post 02-12-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godimas (Post 4014905)
So... even though they said that they would never make us pay for content... we kind of have to here if we want to do these missions. 100cp for the lock boxes I mean. Correct me if im wrong though.

No read what people wrote...

Archived Post 02-12-2012 08:11 AM

Ok, the other end of the question. What do we do with the new commodities? Are there Doff missions for them already or are they Cardassian/Dominion specific?

Archived Post 02-12-2012 08:13 AM

*facepalm* Sorry, need more coffee :P Thanks for the answers guys.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzy
Ok, the other end of the question. What do we do with the new commodities? Are there Doff missions for them already or are they Cardassian/Dominion specific?

Yep, there are duty officer missions attached to them already. The ones I've seen are mostly trade missions, but I have seen a few that involve researching the properties of certain items. Apparently completing those missions unlocks more missions of that type as per the info text at the bottom of the mission.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:40 AM.