Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   I deleted one of my chars and can't create a new one ? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=254350)

Archived Post 02-12-2012 09:29 AM

I deleted one of my chars and can't create a new one ?
 
Anybody having this problem. I deleted my one of my chars and I can't create a new char. Actually I should have been able to create 2 more chars with the new STO Edition i added to my account so i m currently Gold Member. However i deleted one of my chars and can not create a new one. I paid alot of money back in the day to buy all these extra chars through the C-Store.

And where is the Cryptic Support ? Or do i have to make a Perfect World Account in order to get support ?

Archived Post 02-12-2012 09:34 AM

there was a bit of a bug a long time ago that gave some people an extra character slots, and when this was fixed people lost a character slot. you could have had a bugged slot and it was freed up by your deleted person, thus lost.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenkari
there was a bit of a bug a long time ago that gave some people an extra character slots, and when this was fixed people lost a character slot. you could have had a bugged slot and it was freed up by your deleted person, thus lost.

That may be true while i spent an awful lot of money on character slots, I should have been given 2 more up front when i purchased a Gold Edition and added the key to my account. Since i m not much for experimenting with chars and evtl. losing more I guess i wait and see if the ticket get answered.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 09:47 AM

Silver players get 2 character slots, Gold players get 3. Buying a boxset does not grant you 2 additional character slots. Only 1 for being Gold - and since you were already Gold before you became Silver the boxset wouldn't have added any additional character slots to your account.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stegi
That may be true while i spent an awful lot of money on character slots, I should have been given 2 more up front when i purchased a Gold Edition and added the key to my account. Since i m not much for experimenting with chars and evtl. losing more I guess i wait and see if the ticket get answered.

how? the only difference between silver and gold is the klingon slot. theres not a two slot difference with gold and silver.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenkari
there was a bit of a bug a long time ago that gave some people an extra character slots, and when this was fixed people lost a character slot. you could have had a bugged slot and it was freed up by your deleted person, thus lost.

Didn't it have something to do with previously free foundry character slot being restricted to foundry characters only now? I bought 2x2 character slots with dilithium last month and only got 3 new slots.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Didn't it have something to do with previously free foundry character slot being restricted to foundry characters only now? I bought 2x2 character slots with dilithium last month and only got 3 new slots.

Yeah, the Foundry granted a slot to Gold players, which many ended up using for a character rather then a Foundry Mission. When you become Silver you are supposed to lose that slot. If you deleted a character which used that slot then it is probably gone forever.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic_One (Post 4015162)
Yeah, the Foundry granted a slot to Gold players, which many ended up using for a character rather then a Foundry Mission. When you become Silver you are supposed to lose that slot. If you deleted a character which used that slot then it is probably gone forever.

When was that ? I wasn't on this game from end September until about 2 - 3 weeks ago.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stegi
When was that ? I wasn't on this game from end September until about 2 - 3 weeks ago.

That would have been whenever the Foundry was put into the game. Season 2, 3? I don't recall exactly.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:46 PM.