Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Unexpected Downtime (February 12, 2012) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=254385)

Archived Post 02-12-2012 12:40 PM

Unexpected Downtime (February 12, 2012)

Currently, the Holodeck Server is down. We are aware of this issue and currently working on bringing the server back online as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on this page for any updates and notices on when Holodeck is available again.

Archived Post 02-12-2012 12:42 PM

Please sort it Cryptic. :( I joined when you went free to play and I can tell you this isn't doing you any favors. I've been thrown out of this game so many times in about 2 weeks it's unreal.

:mad:

Maybe it's just me amongst the thousands of STO players/members....but it sure seems like the strong possibility exists to justify beefing up the servers, or maybe hiring some motivated IT personnel.

Thanks for the news

Archived Post 02-12-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eidama
Maybe it's just me amongst the thousands of STO players/members....but it sure seems like the strong possibility exists to justify beefing up the servers, or maybe hiring some motivated IT personnel.

Well, if they've gained a massive influx of players due to F2P then they should invest in another server or extend the current one. Lets face it, C-store isn't exactly cheap and with the new key system they can't be shy of a few bob.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimauldus89
Please sort it Cryptic. :( I joined when you went free to play and I can tell you this isn't doing you any favors. I've been thrown out of this game so many times in about 2 weeks it's unreal.

:mad:

This isnt a new trend for Cryptic really. They refuse to upgrade the servers and we the players get the shaft for it, since Cryptic would rather add another room to the golden money palace rather than make the game playable.

*sigh* :( I shall sit and stare at the clock...

Archived Post 02-12-2012 12:45 PM

*sigh* I'm sorry, people. I do believe this is my fault. I came back to the game. Played a few hours and thought "Hey, I'll resub". And less than 5 minutes after that the server died on us. I'm sure it has to be my karma that just bit us all in the posterior.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto

Quote:

Originally Posted by eidama

i agree. It feels like the server doesn't have enough cpu and ram to process all the new players.
Ever since STO went F2P and all the new players came the server has been feeling very laggy to me which indicates that the hardware resources are not fast enough to handle all the new stuff and players.