Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Loot in STF's Elite and normal mode ; suggestions for a better play (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=254475)

Archived Post 02-12-2012 05:44 PM

Loot in STF's Elite and normal mode ; suggestions for a better play
 
OK I have been doing some(actually a lot of) Elites the last few since the update with the lock boxes and it seems loot has fallen off the edge of teh world.(go figure saw this comming when they said when adding the lockboxes, from previous experience in other MMO's who have "same styled random loot generators)

Anyways for the suggestions. These are guarenteed drops and noted chance drops

Normal STF finish loot bag.


No optional completed (1 EDC) Chance for Rare Borg Salvage

Optional completed (2 EDCand 1 Rare Borg Salvage) Chance for Common Borg tech or Rare Borg Tech

Elite STF finish loot bag

No opional completed (2 EDC and 1 Rare Borg Salvage) Chance for Prototype Borg Tech

Optional completed (4 EDC and 2 Rare Borg Salvage or 1 Prototype Borg Salvage) Chance for Prototype Borg Tech.


Then we can in some sort ot trade in for upgrading in a way for our accumilated parts to something like this.

20 EDC for 1 Common Borg Tech (already in game)
40 EDC for 1 Rare Borg Tech (already in game)

What would make a good change of EDC's or the others to trade to Prototype Borg Salvage?

The Elite sets would have no way of being able to get by trade upgrading, keeping their rarity.



This comes from my last 20 or so Elite STFs and getting 2 EDCs and 1 or 2 junk modules + mystery box. per run., Not seeing a single Rare borg Salvage or Prototype come up in the optional bag anytime the optional was completed on Elite.

Archived Post 02-14-2012 01:34 AM

optional doesnt have anything to do with the Chips you get.

you get allways 1 on normal and 2 on elite. but there are weekly events that doubles the outcome of them normal its on wendsday till thursday where you get double reward, the only problem is that these events no longer stand in the calendar.

and the problem with the lootbag is that the looting system is crap so if there is a borg tech or salvage as i have had this on a ground elite i never got it^^.

Archived Post 02-14-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daywalker.Hawk (Post 4020508)
optional doesnt have anything to do with the Chips you get.

you get allways 1 on normal and 2 on elite. but there are weekly events that doubles the outcome of them normal its on wendsday till thursday where you get double reward, the only problem is that these events no longer stand in the calendar.

and the problem with the lootbag is that the looting system is crap so if there is a borg tech or salvage as i have had this on a ground elite i never got it^^.

The post you're replying to is a suggestion how to change the loot system. I'm pretty sure that the original poster is aware of how looting works right now.

Archived Post 02-14-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rannasha
The post you're replying to is a suggestion how to change the loot system. I'm pretty sure that the original poster is aware of how looting works right now.

Indeed. That is why I made the post.

Archived Post 02-16-2012 09:11 AM

sorry my mistake as english is not my primary Language.

Archived Post 02-16-2012 09:27 AM

i realise they said that the drop boxes were on different loot tables but to be honest i think the tech drop is worse since they added the boxes.
we've been running pretty much cure and infected ground 4-5 times a night for the last week or so and none of us have received a protoype tech drop,rare tech drops on the other hand are dropping like flies (imho) on elite stfs.

Archived Post 02-20-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manitoba1073 (Post 4016706)
OK I have been doing some(actually a lot of) Elites the last few since the update with the lock boxes and it seems loot has fallen off the edge of teh world.(go figure saw this comming when they said when adding the lockboxes, from previous experience in other MMO's who have "same styled random loot generators)

Anyways for the suggestions. These are guarenteed drops and noted chance drops

Normal STF finish loot bag.


No optional completed (1 EDC) Chance for Rare Borg Salvage

Optional completed (2 EDCand 1 Rare Borg Salvage) Chance for Common Borg tech or Rare Borg Tech

Elite STF finish loot bag

No opional completed (2 EDC and 1 Rare Borg Salvage) Chance for Prototype Borg Tech

Optional completed (4 EDC and 2 Rare Borg Salvage or 1 Prototype Borg Salvage) Chance for Prototype Borg Tech.


Then we can in some sort ot trade in for upgrading in a way for our accumilated parts to something like this.

20 EDC for 1 Common Borg Tech (already in game)
40 EDC for 1 Rare Borg Tech (already in game)

What would make a good change of EDC's or the others to trade to Prototype Borg Salvage?

The Elite sets would have no way of being able to get by trade upgrading, keeping their rarity.



This comes from my last 20 or so Elite STFs and getting 2 EDCs and 1 or 2 junk modules + mystery box. per run., Not seeing a single Rare borg Salvage or Prototype come up in the optional bag anytime the optional was completed on Elite.

this is sort of what I posted the other night, I like the idea of a way to exchange edc's for tech, but was kinda thinking eventually maby they could make an STF exchange where people could trade tech and EDC's as they do EC and items now, limit it to the things you get from STF's, so if somebody has an extra MKII chit they could trade it for EDC's or tech items, it would keep it so that people couldnt directly trade/sell stf items, and would still need to do stf's but would let people with uneven luck have a way to get decent gear for their grinding :) *humm off to post that thought*

Archived Post 02-20-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunter (Post 4026272)
i realise they said that the drop boxes were on different loot tables but to be honest i think the tech drop is worse since they added the boxes.
we've been running pretty much cure and infected ground 4-5 times a night for the last week or so and none of us have received a protoype tech drop,rare tech drops on the other hand are dropping like flies (imho) on elite stfs.

the problem is your not buying enough keys and unlocking enough boxes so crypic cant afford to give you salvage or tech, let alone afford to hire some debuggers to quash the myriad of bugs this game has.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:21 PM.