Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Scheduled Maintenance (February 16, 2012) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=255176)

Archived Post 02-15-2012 06:53 PM

Scheduled Maintenance (February 16, 2012)

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Thursday, February 16th from 7:00AM to 9:00AM PST (1500 to 1700 UTC) in order to perform maintenance and apply a new patch. We will provide an update when the maintenance is complete.

Archived Post 02-15-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

•Improved the Bortas Cloaking Device.
Improved as in functions like all other cloaking devices?
Or is it still less than 100%?
if so, how much of an improvement percentage wise?

Archived Post 02-15-2012 08:23 PM

so far i like the logout timer improvement and alot of other things that needed it

Archived Post 02-15-2012 10:50 PM

Agreed on the logout timer part--I have sometimes come back from a bathroom break to find that I had been disconnected.

Archived Post 02-16-2012 12:03 AM

Any chance of providing a schedule/calendar somewhere on the site of these "scheduled" maintenances? I know f2p and such is probably requiring these more frequent updates, but if that is so perhaps maintaining a calendar showing the coming week's downtime would assist the playerbase in planning their gaming and also cut down the number of "server down!!!" posts etc which spring up as soon as maintenance starts.

Archived Post 02-16-2012 12:21 AM

Is it just me or what?

I love reading the huge patch notes :D

Archived Post 02-16-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

• Gravity Well updates:
  • The radius of this ability can now be improved by the player's Graviton Generators skill.
  • Because of this improvement, the base radius of each rank has been slightly decreased.
  • The max radius achieved through skill bonuses is still significantly higher than previously available.

Yay Gravity Well!
Quote:

• NPC Cardassian ships now have spiral wave disruptors.

Oh heaven no! I'm outta here!

Archived Post 02-16-2012 01:47 AM

well done with the content on the patch, however i read nothing about ANY issues regarding the new 'Second Wave' mission, seems a bit like the issues are being ignored, since it is relevant im including info from a related thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewar (Post 4020119)
I, like other engineers, can't use any of my abilities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by P.R.O.P.H.E.T.
A bunch of my ground powers would not work. No drones, med turrets, shield turrets, or phaser turrets but strangely, quantum mortars worked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogsBody
Embarrassing! Thats the one word that springs to mind having tried to play this mission, embarrassing.

Tried this two days running now with a friend who is a newly joined F2P player that I've been walking through the early levels. Had built up some excitement for the new FE, having explained how good they were in the past and how we've been waiting a year for this one. Having now played this mission, I don't see how it can have received any play testing before being released - it simply doesn't work in far too many ways to list here. (It may very well work in single player - I'll try tonight but this is an MMO, if a mission doesn't work with a team, it has no right being in the game.)

Just briefly, some of the bugs we encountered while trying to do this mission:

* NPCs for the initial diplomatic optionals do not talk to you and then one of the team can get a completion response from them that doesn't update the quest for the rest of the team.
* Quests appear to complete without you doing the required actions - the stem bolts one completed before we'd even found the guy that wanted to get rid of them (we purposely went round together on the second run through, only talking to one NPC at a time).
* Can't get some of the NPCs to talk to you once you get into the conference room.
* Get stuck in the conference room and can't get out after the Jem Hadar attack.
* Whole team getting kicked back to the login screen with some bad map transfer message.
* Complete the mission and arrive at Bajor but only one of the party gets their mission completed, it just resets to the start for the others.

I'm sure there are more but I honestly didn't bother noting them all down - I was trying to have fun, not beta test someone's work.

This has been publicized to the F2P players as a highpoint of what STO can offer, I seriously believe in its current state it will be driving this new players away because if this is supposedly the best the game has to offer, the game should still be a long way away from completing its beta testing and is no way ready for release to the general public!

Cryptic, you simply can't release stuff in this state if you expect STO to survive.

Only been able to complete it once on 1 out my 5 toons(3 fed 2 kdf)(14 runs total) with all the above issues, this is unacceptable on every level imaginable... how is it that the patch has NO information at all about fixing these issues or even recognizing them, I know for a fact that its affecting a LARGE number of people.

This is simply ridiculous and a massively embarrassing let down....

Archived Post 02-16-2012 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liath
Any chance of providing a schedule/calendar somewhere on the site of these "scheduled" maintenances? I know f2p and such is probably requiring these more frequent updates, but if that is so perhaps maintaining a calendar showing the coming week's downtime would assist the playerbase in planning their gaming and also cut down the number of "server down!!!" posts etc which spring up as soon as maintenance starts.

Thursdays have been historically major patch days for STO. However, scheduled means many things. Scheduled could mean hey we're giving you 10 hours of notice, too hey we're giving you a days notice (or longer) So there is no way to really put a calendar of when maintenance will be, except on Thursdays :p

Archived Post 02-16-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

•Maintenance Engineer now applies to Engineering Team, scales to an 8 sec reduction with a Purple duty officer, and also applies a buff to Starship Hull Repair when activated. Different versions will be added soon for Science Team and Tactical Team on different specializations.
i bought one some days ago for a huge bunch (high 8 digit number) of ecs but i don't use it for eng team. i'm really tempted to write something insulting ......