DS9 Pack REVIEW
- Bridge + lower decks
- it feels very small, almost claustrophobic, just like a Defiant Class is supposed to feel, thumbs up for NOT making it to big (and no i did not notice any camera clipping)
- it has proper LCARS (there is a pretty big "but", wait for it)
- My NPC Crew is NOT wearing DS9 or "TNG Movie" Uniforms but default random STO 2409 uniforms... not cool, the TOS Set had the NPC's weaing TOS uniforms.
- lots of Doors that lead nowhere, without map it's a bit confusing to find where the actual rooms are, i also had hoped to see a few more rooms than were teased in STOked 100, seems like they've shown the final product months ago.
- there is a trophy room.... with absolutely nothing else in it, can't remember that from the show somehow :o
- no Infirmary, but to be fair i don't think it was ever shown in the Show, there still should be one for future added functionality
- no Shuttle Bay, seems like the temporary "beam to Shuttle" solution is going to be the permanent solution after all. (i don't think they will go back and add those for free later).
- crew deck, and Bridge seem to be on the same deck (no Turbolift!), but they are not one map, makes the whole thing feel a bit disconnected.
- the Viewscreen on the Bridge seems to small, may be correct to canon, i dont know, but it should simply be bigger because it looks wrong.
- LCARS... it is very LOW RES, looks very pixelated if you get to near to a screen.
Also the LCARS computer screens are usually made of glass so they should all be a bit reflective, and nothing. Makes them look NOT SHINY ENOUGH.
(yet in the Transporter Room there is a black wall with exactly that kind of reflection going on...)
- Awesome Shuttle, always loved the look of it.
- Way more detailed than the TOS Shuttle
- it's always fun to jump in a shuttle and fly around the HUGE looking player ships,
the Odyssey Class was screen filling!
(i wonder if they changed the FoV when you sit in a shuttle?)
nothing but nitpicking really...
- the front window is green-ish, not sure if i like that color
- compared to a Defiant it is still to big and would not fit into the shuttle bay, compared to every other Ship it doesn't look too bad.
- i would wish the collision Boxes of Player Ships would be more accurate, for example i'd like to fly up to a Shuttle Bay or between the nacelles etc. but there is always an invisible wall that makes me bounce off to early. (but thats a general issue with shuttles).
- and also as usual any FX is scaled to ship sizes so Phasers and any Skill FX is way overkill big. If i click the Red Matter Capacitor it glows so extreme i can't see the shuttle for the duration of the effect.
- stun setting? ...very unusual choice for a rifle
- Split Beam? realy? again?.... you Dev's are aware that there is no incident in Star Trek EVER where a Gun has acquired 3 Targets at once on it's own?
I did not like the fire mode on the Romulan Disruptor Rifle, i don't like it here either.
DPS wise the guns are nothing special, i guess those are good for roleplaying or to put them on a Bajoran BOff.
i'd say scale down the Rifle by about 5% - 10%, it clips badly with shoulders.
and there is still the long time known issue of the left wrist clipping badly in aiming stance with any rifle.
The Pistol looks good as it is, but there is a new ANIMATION BUG,
the left arm is pointing straight down (see pictures for reference)
if aiming, or crouching
no idea how that got past Q&A
- i love all DOffs... just not Tellarites, those get the airlock every time ;P
- if i would want to find something negative i might say that i don't see a good active roster ability for my SCI char, but it seems neat for Engineers, i got multiple chars so i will find a use for them
Vedek Female *looks good*
- the hat was a bit hard to find as it was listed under Head Type
- the hat (female) is clipping with the ears (also in the official PR picture), as Alien there would be the option to remove the ears, would solve that problem, but i googled and the ears are supposed to be visible, i suggest removing a bit of the texture around the ears.
DS9 Admiral *looks OK*
- i like the more leathery Black tone, would love to see that on the TNG+DS9 Uniforms as material OPTION please?
but i don't realy like it... can't put my finger on it, it seems accurate enough but it somehow lacks Style.
biggest gripe about both clothing options:
NO NEW SHOES!
The Vedek robes pretty much cover the legs, but while walking you can still see the legs, and if you notice the shoes, the 3 Off Duty shoe options just look bad here.
For the DS9 Admiral option ...there are enough shoe options from other packs i guess, but still if a new F2Per buys that pack first, he may have no fitting Shoes, which would be silly, maybe add the Alternate Future Shoes to the pack or something like that.
ok thats about it
now pictures for reference for all the above:
http://www.webolutionary.com/truespa...defiant2-1.jpg <- viewscreen BIGGER = BETTER!
some examples of LCARS Screen Glare:
Sidenote: Besides the glaring "why?!" of the NPCs not being costumed in DS9/TNG-Film era clothing, the mess doesn't have expended phaser relay power cells racked against the wall like we saw them do in Behind The Lines :(:(:( Would've been an awesome reference :) maybe it could be implemented as a trophy? *cough*
aah now i found it...
guess i was running through it while looking at all the LCARS without noticing the beds ;P
Defiant Set: Overall, it's really well done with the accuracy.
You guys really do need to add the Shuttlebay as we seen in the concept art.
Chaffee Shuttle: Nice Though be nice if it had somekind of uniqueness among the other shuttles.
Bajoran Outfits: Nice change with new outfits. Though havn't seen the Vedek hat in the tailor. Female Only?
DOFFs: Nice, but be nice if they all were Very Rare, especially how they are different from other DOFFs of the same type.
Bajoran Phasers: Love it having new sound effects.
So Dev Team, when are these assets going to make their way into the foundry? ;)
Widebeam is fine with me, but Splitbeam... nope don't like it.
doesn't bother me that much though, i don't need to LOVE every single outfit in the game.
it's ok it does it's job.
but i won't use it since i don't see my Chars as Admirals anyway, they are Captains, they get 4 pins and thats it, don't care if some XP bar says Admiral...
Overall, i got this and I'm quite happy with it, and at $0, the price was right XD (TY DL exchange)
If you are arguing canon, the gun uses an "auto targeting beam". It's been mentioned on-screen by Kira or Odo (don't remember which) when comparing Cardie weapons that Federation that Type 3 phaser rifles. Type 3 phasers can self target and have multiple target capability. I don't remember the episode though, I think it was "Return to Grace."
(EDIT: Yes it was "Return to Grace", Just confirmed it on Memory Alpha)
I have a few problems with the DS9 Pack concept (I have not bought it yet, nor will I unless they make a non-grindy way to get Dilithium).
Everything in the TOS Pack could be bought individually, everything in the Enterprise pack could be bought individually. If you already had/didn't want some parts of it, you could pick and choose what you get.
There is no ala carte option with the DS9 Pack. All I want is the Admirals Uni and the Interior, but if I want either, I have to buy all the other items I have no interest in.
This is the wrong way to do it.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:29 AM.|