Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Mission Database (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   "Uncharted" is live (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=255407)

Archived Post 02-16-2012 05:12 PM

"Uncharted" is live

Hello STO Community,

Just a thread to say that "Uncharted" my (technically) second Foundry mission has been published and is available for play now. I will post information (ID, description, etc.) later, but for now, I have created this thread to hold its place. I look forward to any and all reviews! :D

TITLE: Uncharted
AUTHOR: @ACEMAN97
CODE: ST-HLNC2NGEW
LEVEL: 41+
LENGTH: 25-50 minutes
TAGS: None
DESCRIPTION: In 2381, Starleet Intelligence detected a massive interstellar explosion approximately 140,000 light years away, far outside the Milky Way. For 30 years, we were without a way to investigate, until now...

There we are. Though I am relatively new to the Foundry, feel free to be hard on me. :)

Archived Post 02-21-2012 07:15 AM

Feel free to post additional feedback, bugs, tips (the advice kind i mean) and stuff here!

Archived Post 02-24-2012 06:47 AM

Still nothing...I'll probably post some of the ingame reviews I got later...

Archived Post 02-26-2012 02:26 PM

UPDATE

Known Issues:
- Various Dialog and Text typos/mistakes
- Invisible Objects are unnamed. If there is a way to rename them or hide them, I will fix.
- Various NPC Positioning Glitches
- Dialog NPC Glitches - Cannot be fixed by me. This is a bug within the foundry's programming in which the assigned NPC Contact is replaced by a Boff.
- Unnamed NPCs - I will fix this.

Archived Post 02-26-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACEMAN97
[...] approximately 140,000 light years away, far outside the Milky Way.

:cool:

Got me hooked! Await my feedback tomorrow!

Archived Post 02-27-2012 03:32 AM

Mission feedback

I've just completed "Uncharted" and like it. :cool:

I like the pace of the mission and am a fan of far-reaching exploration. The experimental engine was well-explained, it makes sense and the amount of technobabble is just right. It was credible.

The intergalactic void had the fluidic space background and it suited excellent. From the moment I warped in it told me: "You're in new, unexplored space now." That felt great!

The not-so-unknown aliens made a surprising appearance and added just the right amount of action and plot.

On a side not, it would be cool if the USS Luna was a Luna-class ship. ;)

All in all, "Uncharted" is a solid experience and can be done conveniently in less than an hour. Leaving the galaxy provides a Sense of Wonder, which is worth two stars already.

Fun mission, thanks! :D

Archived Post 03-01-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doblinian (Post 4052627)
I've just completed "Uncharted" and like it. :cool:

I like the pace of the mission and am a fan of far-reaching exploration. The experimental engine was well-explained, it makes sense and the amount of technobabble is just right. It was credible.

The intergalactic void had the fluidic space background and it suited excellent. From the moment I warped in it told me: "You're in new, unexplored space now." That felt great!

The not-so-unknown aliens made a surprising appearance and added just the right amount of action and plot.

On a side not, it would be cool if the USS Luna was a Luna-class ship. ;)

All in all, "Uncharted" is a solid experience and can be done conveniently in less than an hour. Leaving the galaxy provides a Sense of Wonder, which is worth two stars already.

Fun mission, thanks! :D

Thank you so much for playing, Doblinian! I'm glad you enjoyed my mission, and I appreciate the great feeback you've given me!

Archived Post 03-20-2012 04:18 PM

Missing start point

I had to come to the forum to find out where to start this mission. It isn't mentioned in the mission text.