Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - February 17, 2012 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=255663)

Archived Post 02-17-2012 04:10 PM

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - February 17, 2012

We will be bringing the Tribble server down for extended maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.17.20120216a.1

General:
  • Updated the lighting on K-7 and made some general optimization improvements.
  • Updated Starbase 39:
    • Made some general optimization improvements.
    • Added more signs.
    • Updated the lighting.
  • Master Keys will no longer go into the Overflow bag when trading them with other players.
  • Resolved an issue where some players got a “Starship” item in their inventory.
    • This will no longer occur, but it will not do anything to change the players that have this item.
    • The rare players that find an item marked "Starship" in their inventory or Overflow Bag, should please submit a ticket to Customer Service.
  • Increased the FX speed for Scramble Sensors.
  • Updated Kuvah'magh:
    • Corrected injured text for wounded colonists on Regulus IV.
    • Resolved an issue that could cause Miral Paris to disappear if she was stuck too far away from the player.
    • Added specific individual map waypoints for each spatial charge on the map.
  • General updates to graphics code to resolve some client crashes.
  • Updated Second Wave so all powers should work during the fight on DS9.

Duty Officers:
  • Replaced some missing Starfleet Colonist portraits.
  • Added duty officer assignments using data samples as inputs.
  • Adjusted CXP rewards for DS9 assignments rewarding multiple CXP types to favor the category of the assignment.
  • Increased Radiation proc damage for ultra-rare Gravimetric Scientist duty officer active roster power.
  • Reduced proc chance for ultra-rare Energy Weapons duty officer active roster power that has a small chance to remove an enemy's buffs.
  • Updated a rare situation where an assignment granting an Alien bridge officer granted an Andorian instead.
  • Improved rewards for duty officer assignment "Host Multicultural Religious Symposium".
  • Added failure outcome chance to Colonial Emergency Supply assignments in order to avoid unintuitive slotting behavior.
    • Don't worry, the chance is pretty small.
  • Adjusted and applied some fixes to several of the "Sabotage X" duty officer assignments.

Systems:
  • Updated Devidians Captains to make them a little less beefy.
  • Updated the tooltip for Directed Energy Modulation to correctly reflect bleed through damage for all energy types.
    • The amount of damage dealt by Directed Energy Modulation is ~100%-200% what is displayed on its tooltip, depending on variables that include your level and your distance from the target.
  • Updated the wording of a loading screen tip relating to Auxiliary Power which referenced deprecated information.
  • Photonic Displacement ships will now use facing pitch and roll when the power is used.
  • All variants of Science Vessels have been updated so the escape pods are properly hidden when using Photonic Displacement.
  • Jem'Hadar Weapons are no longer Unique, but you may only equip one on your captain at a time.
    • This restriction does not apply to your Away Team.
  • Tyken's Rift can no longer be destroyed by AoE abilities.

UI:
  • Space tray modes 3 and 4 have been swapped.
    • Mode 3 is now three rows with weapon tray and bridge officer tray.
    • Mode 4 is now the three row tray with the weapon tray hidden and the bridge officer tray hidden.
  • Default keybinds have been updated to default bind numpad 9 and numpad 0 to the 9 and 10 slots.
  • The Hide Tray Tooltips toggle option now functions as expected.
  • The fleet rank of online players now displays correctly.
  • The points spent on a bridge officer are no longer placed outside the window.

Archived Post 02-17-2012 04:38 PM

Almost a week now and still noo fixes for "Second Wave". When are engineers going to be able to use all of our powers such as turrents, mines, and cover shields?

Archived Post 02-17-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jam062307 (Post 4030435)
Almost a week now and still noo fixes for "Second Wave". When are engineers going to be able to use all of our powers such as turrents, mines, and cover shields?

The fix is in there. I've updated the patch notes to make that clear.

Archived Post 02-17-2012 06:45 PM

SB 39 and K7

I like the changes to both stations thank you for the update I'm guessing the doors on K7 will be resized when more time is available but I love that u don't have to run around to get to the door very nice :)

Archived Post 02-17-2012 07:53 PM

Tyken's Rift not being vulnerable is good, almost every time someone uses FAW one of those is killed

Archived Post 02-17-2012 08:24 PM

SNB doff nerf is good, hopefully it goes far enough. Tyken's buff is much needed, now it will be worthwhile to use again.

Win consoles still desperately need a balance patch.

Archived Post 02-17-2012 10:27 PM

"Updated Devidians Captains to make them a little less beefy."

Wow nerfing Deveidan captains. Brilliant, i'll just kill a few more braincells so I can dumb down further to play the game...

Seriously stop Nerfing things, we ain't cute cuddly kittens needing coddled, the captains were fine, leave us some challenge other then Elite STF's please....

Archived Post 02-17-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
"Updated Devidians Captains to make them a little less beefy."

Wow nerfing Deveidan captains. Brilliant, i'll just kill a few more braincells so I can dumb down further to play the game...

Seriously stop Nerfing things, we ain't cute cuddly kittens needing coddled, the captains were fine, leave us some challenge other then Elite STF's please....

But the captains I found were too hard, I'm happy with this change.

Archived Post 02-17-2012 11:08 PM

I've never found them too hard (Not saying you haven't), even the Shrouded Phantasm in Night of the Comet, but too much is being nerfed in this game and it's driving me mad...

Archived Post 02-18-2012 07:21 AM

The new chain UI is well designed and very useful, but I don't particularly like the addition of (1 / 2) to the end of assignment names for chain assignments. A small icon to indicate it is part of an assignment chain might be nice (a few links of a chain?), but to me the addition of numbers to the end of the assignment name seems clunky and immersion-weakening.