Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Should i give up... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=256313)

Archived Post 02-20-2012 04:46 PM

Should i give up...

My gold sub, Is it true that, only difference between gold and silver is the 400 c-points a month and shorter inventory?

If that is, I'll probably cancel it all together and save money. What is the point in having gold when gold members don't get discounts on the c-store and only getting 400cp? It's ridiculous!

What do you all think? should I save money until they come up with something better?

Many thanks,
Charlie

Archived Post 02-20-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie25 (Post 4036911)
My gold sub, Is it true that, only difference between gold and silver is the 400 c-points a month and shorter inventory?

If that is, I'll probably cancel it all together and save money. What is the point in having gold when gold members don't get discounts on the c-store and only getting 400cp? It's ridiculous!

What do you all think? should I save money until they come up with something better?

Many thanks,
Charlie

Rumour has it, if you lapse from Gold to Silver, you keep all your inventory space...

Archived Post 02-20-2012 04:52 PM

nothing says "get your act together" than canceling your membership or downgrading!

Archived Post 02-20-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Rumour has it, if you lapse from Gold to Silver, you keep all your inventory space...

This is true.

You do, however lose the following:

1. If you're still low ranking, you do -not- get anymore slots for anything once your gold goes away. So say, if you're a Commander, you won't get any slots from Captain onward for anything. This includes bank, inventory, Boff, and the respec tokens.
2. The EC cap is re-imposed on you if you haven't bought the cap removal. If you have more EC than the cap, then you'll keep that EC, but you won't get any more EC until you to under the limit.
3. You may or may not lose the third character slot if it is empty, I'm not sure about this one.

Archived Post 02-20-2012 04:55 PM

It's up to you.

If I weren't a lifer, I'd be silver right now as I'm not currently happy paying for the game, so I just use the DL exchange to get what I want. If I were a happy customer, I'd be paying for instant gratification.

As for value for money, you'll get more being silver if you don't have many characters. If you have a lot of alts, then all the CP/DL you'll need will add up and make gold a wiser choice.

Archived Post 02-20-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koppenflak

This is true as long as you don't create a new char from what I can tell and if you do create a new char, you still have respecs left over from Veteran awards.

Yeah, they really haven't given anybody a reason to stay gold.

Archived Post 02-20-2012 04:58 PM

I do have a new engineer at lt4 but that's it.

Archived Post 02-20-2012 05:48 PM

Pretty much level to cap as gold then go back to silver.

Archived Post 02-20-2012 06:00 PM

You do get to keep your inventory at least all my characters did.

Also about sub I wish I bought the lifetime a back when this game came out instead I had just been subing from day 1 untill the second it went F2P. I say cancel when you hit level 50.

Archived Post 02-20-2012 06:38 PM

Thanks for your feedback:)