Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   The MMO Grinder Review of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=256765)

Archived Post 02-22-2012 10:32 PM

The MMO Grinder Review of Star Trek Online

So I was watching my normal That guy with a glasses programming, and I came across this new review of star trek online. It is by the MMO Grinder ( my first time watching him ) and I thought it was quiet fair, and balanced point of view from someone who wasn't a hard care star trek fan.

MMO Grinder: Star Trek Online Review

Parts of what he said I agree with, and some parts I disagree with him. He did get some things wrong, ( like the character slots thinking you could only get one, and failing to talk about foundry. ) But other all I thought it was a good view point on both the pros and cons of the game.

Anyway Enjoy.

Archived Post 02-22-2012 11:11 PM

That was more like a tutorial

Archived Post 02-22-2012 11:19 PM

Why did he pay a hundred bucks for the CE if he wasn't a Star Trek fan?

Archived Post 02-22-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resz
Why did he pay a hundred bucks for the CE if he wasn't a Star Trek fan?

I was wondering that too... I mean I got a CE ( a total of two in my family. both of which are mine now ) but I got it because I was a star trek fan, and I don't remember it being 100 bucks for it. So I don't get that also.,

Archived Post 02-23-2012 12:37 AM

Yeah, TLDW.

over 20 min to review it really? Why do I have a the feeling its just that long so he can add another ad in the middle of video?

So what was the final review? I expect one of the three.

LOL STO still Sux. Cstore is a rip off.

STO was bad now decent, Cstore is expensive.

STO was bad now good, Cstore is expensive but full of fluff you don't really need.

Archived Post 02-23-2012 01:46 AM

I LOVE when he says "then sold to... Perfect World... Reaally!?" It is like saying LJN took it over... Obviously he knows how bad PWE is and could hardly believe that they of all people would have been the ones to grab the game. I also LOOOOOVE how he dismisses Cryptic having ANY power or influence on the game now that it has been bought. That was beautifully jabbed in there.

I also thought it was great that finally SOMEONE mentioned the Galor Spam issue and how you get useless boxes as loot.

Generally I would say his review was rather fair and decently accurate. That is fairly hard to find these days but as he said he was not biased by the IP which helps immensely.

Archived Post 02-23-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
I LOVE when he says "then sold to... Perfect World... Reaally!?" It is like saying LJN took it over... Obviously he knows how bad PWE is and could hardly believe that they of all people would have been the ones to grab the game.

Actually, if you watch his other reviews, he doesn't really seem to mind Perfect World itself, he just thought STO didn't really seem to match the other kind of games PWE usually puts out is all.

Archived Post 02-23-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainu
Actually, if you watch his other reviews, he doesn't really seem to mind Perfect World itself, he just thought STO didn't really seem to match the other kind of games PWE usually puts out is all.

Well... It is not a one-off Fantasy MMO with the depth of a raindrop, more fashion concern than Barbie Online, and absolutely TERRIBLE AI and Engine... Yet...

So yeah, it does not match their general scheme. That and it WAS PtP which is also not their forte' but they fixed that.