Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Star Trek Online's 3rd Anniversary Gift (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=256933)

Archived Post 02-23-2012 07:55 PM

Star Trek Online's 3rd Anniversary Gift

I know its a year-ish away, but its good to start now for a request this awesome.

STO for your 3rd Anniversary with the users, I make one awesome request...have Q give us a "Thriller Bomb".

It would be almost like the "Dance Party Bomb" on Champions Online, but this bomb would make nearby players and npc's start to do "The Thriller" until they retook control. Play the score of it and offer the "Thriller Bomb" in the new latinum store later on. :)

And for those of you who have never seen "Thriller" or seen a group of drunk individuals attempt it at the club you can watch it here ( Click Here to Watch )

Archived Post 02-24-2012 07:29 AM

Instead of the third anniversary, I think they should do this for the 'Thrill The World' event.

Edit: On a slightly different note, have you seen the Bollywood Thriller with phonetic subtitles? It is genius :D

Archived Post 02-24-2012 11:38 AM

I would prefer Cryptic stuck with the 'unique ship' gift idea.

Year 3 anniversary should be a fully dedicated science ship.

2 weapons fore, 2 weapons aft.
+30 AUX power bonus
Native subsystem targeting attack.

Boff Stations:

Lt Engineer
Lt Tactical
Cmdr Science
Cmdr Science
Lt Cmdr Science

...and of course, they should have a player contest for players to submit starship designs :)

Archived Post 02-24-2012 11:55 AM

No "Thriller Bomb." The party poppers are annoying enough. All this would lead to is people spamming it incessantly, and annoying those of us who may be trying to do other things (see also: cryo grenades).

Archived Post 02-24-2012 12:50 PM

Why not bring in something with a little more "meat" to the game, like building out new features on-ship or changing up the way we travel across the galaxy, not just throw our trinkets..

Archived Post 02-24-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
I would prefer Cryptic stuck with the 'unique ship' gift idea.

Year 3 anniversary should be a fully dedicated science ship.

2 weapons fore, 2 weapons aft.
+30 AUX power bonus
Native subsystem targeting attack.

Boff Stations:

Lt Engineer
Lt Tactical
Cmdr Science
Cmdr Science
Lt Cmdr Science

...and of course, they should have a player contest for players to submit starship designs :)

yeah. And it should have an improoved phaser lance wich ignores shields, causes 1.000.000 and can hit 40 targerts within 360 degees.

Seriously guys... third aniversary?

Archived Post 02-24-2012 01:02 PM

If a year from now this update is finished patching I will consider it gift enough.

Archived Post 02-24-2012 01:11 PM

3rd Year Party Popper please.

Archived Post 02-24-2012 01:58 PM

Thriller Bomb?? Really? That's the best idea you can come up with??? Didin't the Cryo bomb teach you all anything? All this will become is a griefing tool until you disable it due to massive complaints like you had on the Cryo bomb. How about a new uniform or ship...you know...something we can use without annoying everyone around us?

Archived Post 02-24-2012 02:03 PM

How about a Foundry update. I know this is too much to ask, but I would consider that the gift I've been waiting for!!!!