Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Problems with the Exchange (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=256973)

Archived Post 02-24-2012 01:35 AM

Problems with the Exchange

Hi,
when I put something in the exchange it doesn't show up when I search for it. Not for me and not for anyone else, tried with 2 friends yet. Sometimes it helps to select the rarity, so something may not show up when I search for all qualities but will show, when I serach for uncommon stuff (same the other way). Seems this is a known bug but is there any workaround so I can sell some stuff again?

Archived Post 02-24-2012 01:47 AM

I have seen my items listed before - maybe you are searching by too broad an item description and the item just does not come up.

Let me give an example, you are selling an Ablative Armor Console Mk VI.

You search for ablative armor and get spammed with 400 cheaper lower spec consoles.

Try something rarer like Contraband. Undercut the previous seller and search for Contraband again. Last night I did it, my own entry showed up fine.

For more common items such as ship weapons and devices, searching for Mk (insert level here) or the specific item name should work wonders.

The search function in the Exchange is not as clever as Google and isn't meant to be - you have to type in as unique an item description, exactly as how it's spelt on the item you want found.

Hope that makes sense!

Archived Post 02-24-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmenara
I have seen my items listed before - maybe you are searching by too broad an item description and the item just does not come up.

Let me give an example, you are selling an Ablative Armor Console Mk VI.

You search for ablative armor and get spammed with 400 cheaper lower spec consoles.

I dont think this is the probleme because I have the same issue.

While doing a bit buy-n-sell or freeing up doff space - even though I sometimes just put them up underpriced - they wont show up. The doffs for example neither show for "common" nor "any" - furthermore the searchresults for "common" and "any" are completely different and "any" shows more expensive ones.

Even if it is an item that is only 10 times in the exchange and I still see it on "sell" and can still take the auction down - it wont show up - not even on a name search, not even for items with only one rarity variant.

Archived Post 02-24-2012 02:30 AM

Thanks carmenara but that doesn't work. If I sell contraband and search for it I sometimes find it while searching for all raritys and using the name or by searching for uncommon stuff called contraband (price adjusted so it should show up on first side). NEVER with both searches and sometimes...never at all...

I mainly (try/want to;)) sell doffs, have dozens of greens in my mailbox but I simply can't sell them. If I put a green on the exchange for 38472 credits it should show up on the first side when seraching for uncommon doffs but it doesn't. This happens with all characters I tried it with and believe me, my account is huge. Seems Maruko has the same problems.

Archived Post 02-24-2012 02:34 AM

Afaik they reduced the search depth because the servers weren't capable to handle the load after f2p.

Archived Post 02-24-2012 03:37 AM

For duty officers you must search for the first letter of the doff's name

Ie., doff name is Candy

search for c and she will turn up.

Archived Post 02-24-2012 04:01 AM

She won't, sorry. It's not an issue with search depth as Schneemann mentioned or whatever, you can search for the excat name and it won't show up. One or two weeks ago I wondered why I don't sell my stuff anymore because I always undercut the lowest prices just to get rid of it. I put up lots of stuff in the meantiem but nothing.

Currently running through my toons...with 6 it doesn't work but number 7 seemed to work currently. Put a blue doff in for a price that should list him on the first page and it showed up when I searched for rare. Then I put a green doff in for a price that should list him on the first page and it didn't show up when searching for uncommon (but it works if I serach for the name). Next I tried some contraband, doesn't show up when searching for uncommon and "contraband", does show up when I search for any quality "contraband" although it was the lowest price of all offers.

Archived Post 02-24-2012 04:41 AM

Reported this mess last week and I know others with the same issue. Also having issues purchasing items (the same item after re-searching it (clicking the search button again) to ensure someone didn't beat me to it. Showed up three different searches over 5 minutes, I had more than enough EC to cover hundreds, vut it kept telling me it failed and to try again later every time I tried to purchase it.

Archived Post 02-24-2012 05:50 AM

This has been a problem for at least 3 weeks - stuff not showing up in searches no matter what the price or parameters.

I bugged it and made a couple of posts about it in the bug forum.

Not sure if I am still having the problem as I gave up using the Exchange as a daily practice.

Archived Post 02-24-2012 06:12 AM

3 weeks...I think my problems started around the same time, don't check it so often on every single character so it took a few days until I realized it. But this thing is really weird, I put a doff on the exchange with one toon and it showd up, canceled the offer, mailed the doff to another toon, put it on exchange and it didn't show up.