Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Patching after install ... how big? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=257890)

Archived Post 02-28-2012 03:24 PM

Patching after install ... how big?

Just installed and it's doing 1st bout of patching after logging in to the client .... so far it's up over 6 gig downloaded and still going , but patching still 0% , is this normal ?? ... when I installed it on my other PC I'm sure it was nowhere near that big. :confused:

Archived Post 02-28-2012 05:24 PM

Just kill it, restart the launcher, it'll go away, problem solved.

Archived Post 02-28-2012 05:55 PM

Yep, seems to be patching now ... cheers for that :)

Archived Post 02-28-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonnz
Yep, seems to be patching now ... cheers for that :)

LOL, you're welcome :p

Archived Post 02-28-2012 07:28 PM

OK , it stopped at 60.4% .... so I closed and reopend the launcher and logged in ..... up top in the title bar it says "0.6% Star Trek Online" ..... does that mean that it's still got 90.4 % to go ? ..... down the bottom where it's patching it says "Patched 1258KB / 204MB" , right underneath that it says "Received 660MB - 0%" .... the received is constantly increasing meaning that it's still receiving data, but wierdly the amount of free space on the hard drive is not decreasing .... how can you tell if it is actually patching and what the progress is ?? Thanks :)

update: ok the amount of free space is decreasing , received is up to around 1300MB .... how much more is it going to receive before it actually starts patching ?? .... Cheers :)

Archived Post 02-29-2012 06:26 AM

same prob

Sounds like u are having the same problem as me if you press ctrl x to bring up the little screen to show what its downloading is it trying to download the bin/materials over and over thats what is happening to me and i dont know how to fix it =(

Archived Post 02-29-2012 07:28 AM

I just download f2p version with steam and i've got a similar problem since 2 days...

I search in log files and i found this :
In ERRORS.log I got this error
120229 15:24:16 2367 [1]: Checksum verification failed after download

In pcl.log, i've got this :
120229 15:26:01 2666 [1]: transfer failed, trying again for bin/MaterialDepsOLSlow.bin (retry 1323, compressed)

I tried to delete bins.hogg To redownload, but have the same error after 1 GB of download again and again.
Then I tried to delete all the Live folder but it doesn't change anyway...
:'(

Anyone can help ?

Archived Post 02-29-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nezhal
I just download f2p version with steam and i've got a similar problem since 2 days...

I search in log files and i found this :
In ERRORS.log I got this error
120229 15:24:16 2367 [1]: Checksum verification failed after download?

This means something is corrupting the file during the download... Try excluding the STO directories from your Anti-Virus program, as this is one of the more common causes for this...

Archived Post 02-29-2012 03:07 PM

I should also mention that this is the install on my laptop (so I can also play while in my recliner while watching TV :-) ) ....... well after perservering with a lot of relaunches of the client I checked the error log files it was erroring on downloading a .bin file, it saying "checksum verification failed after download" ... and even tho it seemed to be still receiving data it wasn't really doing anything.

Anyway, long story short eveything is sorted now !! ..... I ended up disabling on-demand patching in the launcher options ... I logged in and it patched up to 100% and I was able to launch the game (yay!) ....

I have since then turned on-demand patching back on and all is well.

I found it a little wierd to be honest because when I did my main initial install on my desktop PC a couple months ago it worked without a hitch.

Anyway .. all is now right with the world !! :D

BTW Star Trek Online Rules !!! ... Live long and prosper !!

Archived Post 03-01-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonnz
I should also mention that this is the install on my laptop (so I can also play while in my recliner while watching TV :-) ) ....... well after perservering with a lot of relaunches of the client I checked the error log files it was erroring on downloading a .bin file, it saying "checksum verification failed after download" ... and even tho it seemed to be still receiving data it wasn't really doing anything.

Anyway, long story short eveything is sorted now !! ..... I ended up disabling on-demand patching in the launcher options ... I logged in and it patched up to 100% and I was able to launch the game (yay!) ....

I have since then turned on-demand patching back on and all is well.

I found it a little wierd to be honest because when I did my main initial install on my desktop PC a couple months ago it worked without a hitch.

Anyway .. all is now right with the world !! :D

BTW Star Trek Online Rules !!! ... Live long and prosper !!

Thank you, it seems to be the right thing to do in this case ;)

EDIT : I was wrong... Downloaded 4GB more but still have the same error.
120301 19:05:59 16 [1]: transfer failed, trying again for bin/MaterialDepsOLSlow.bin (retry 0, compressed)
Repeating again and again...
In ERROR.log i have :
120301 19:07:27 361 [1]: Checksum verification failed after download

If the same file checksum failed since 5 days whatever I do, I don't think I can do anything.

I've tested all the tips I found in forum and Help Support... Excuding STO folder from Anti-Virus program, check connection with traceroute, redownload from steam a second time, deleating Live folder to force the Launcher to redownload, disabling "on-demand patching" in Launcher options.

I will try to redownload all the game a last time with "on-demand patching" disabled.