Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   zen ripoff (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=258061)

Archived Post 02-29-2012 01:49 PM

zen ripoff

Dear Star Trek online

I went to Star Trek online to get C points . Then you send me to buy the zen so I do so

get five dollars which equals 500 C points then have to transfer them back to Star Trek online

and when I do so. Then one dollar is stolen for transfer.

Second Life does not do this Battlestar Galactica online does not do this all the money I put into the game

goes directly to me for spending no one rips a dollar off for transfer.

You tricked me once it won't happen again until you rectify the way you do business online

I won't be putting any more money into the game.

Archived Post 02-29-2012 01:53 PM

I assume this is the same poster using multiple accounts. :)

Cryptic Points cost $6.25 per 500. If you buy $5.00 worth of Zen that only converts to 400 CPs, not 500. For $5.00 in Zen you only get 400 CPs.

At least we know your 2 accounts now. :)

Archived Post 02-29-2012 02:03 PM

it had it printed five dollars for 500 C points in a nice straight line. If what you say is true then there was deception on their part.

Archived Post 02-29-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by washupaws
it had it printed five dollars for 500 C points in a nice straight line. If what you say is true then there was deception on their part.

I'd love to see a Screen Cap of that. I play some PWE games and do buy Zen for them at time and I've never seen that printed.

Ultimately $5.00 is $5.00 in both games. You don't get $6.25 in CP just because you converted $5.00 from Zen.

Archived Post 02-29-2012 03:39 PM

working on getting it. now cannot even get to that website!

Archived Post 02-29-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

get five dollars which equals 500 C points then have to transfer them back to Star Trek online
Just FYI - $5.00 U.S. - 400 CDP, not 500.

It's $6.25 per 500 CP on the Cryptic store - and has been since the C-Store first opened. And Zen <> CP on 1to 1 basis.

ETA: Beaten to the punch.

Archived Post 02-29-2012 04:50 PM

then they should do it the way other online games do it charging a dollar is extremely unreasonable . Which I won't fall for again.

Archived Post 02-29-2012 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So, in other words Perfect World makes out like capitalists, they charge you to buy CP at a loan sharks rates to buy items in game.
At the $5 option this is 10 cents on the dollar.
Kind of like going to the local shark and asking for a loan to gamble to me.
It should be a 1 to 1 ratio.

5 ZEN = 4 C-Points
100 ZEN = 80 C-Points

Again, other games which I will not name here that I play are an even exchange one dollar gets you one dollar in game.
It is just dissapointing to me when other games do an even rate

So if Perfect World owns STO and I have to buy Zen to get CP it sounds like double dipping to me.

Just saying

Archived Post 02-29-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latfreya
So, in other words Perfect World makes out like capitalists, they charge you to buy CP at a loan sharks rates to buy items in game.
At the $5 option this is 10 cents on the dollar.
Kind of like going to the local shark and asking for a loan to gamble to me.
It should be a 1 to 1 ratio.

5 ZEN = 4 C-Points
100 ZEN = 80 C-Points

Again, other games which I will not name here that I play are an even exchange one dollar gets you one dollar in game.
It is just dissapointing to me when other games do an even rate

So if Perfect World owns STO and I have to buy Zen to get CP it sounds like double dipping to me.

Just saying

First, as I suspected above, no where on that picture does it say Cryptic Points. You are buying Zen there, not CPs.

PWE game items and Cryptic game items have two different values. In PWE games 1 Zen equals $0.01. In Cryptic games 1 CP equals $0.0125.

$5.00 in Zen is 500 points. $5.00 in CP is 400 pts. You're not losing anything because you can buy the same amount of things with 500 Zen pts in PWE games as you can for 400 CPs in Cryptic games.

It's just a straight mathematical conversion. You're not getting cheated out of 100 points. You're getting $5.00 worth of goods for $5.00 in both games.

Archived Post 02-29-2012 05:12 PM

Is this person logging back and forth between accounts to look like two separate people after being called out?

Lol