Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Graphical and Sound Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Marauder cross faction boff clothes can't be edited (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=258528)

Archived Post 03-03-2012 04:21 AM

Marauder cross faction boff clothes can't be edited

I picked up a human female science boff after hitting marauder rank 4 but found her appearance can't be changed. At one point I also got the strange error of "You do not have a bridge officer by that name" when trying to edit appearance from the signup window when she first joined. Does this happen to all klingon cross faction boffs or is this a one of a kind error?

Edit: By can't be changed I mean any changes done in the editor gets reverted instantly. Saving her default costume then reloading and buying it brings up a prompt to buy costumes through the c-store, except no missing costume piece is listed.

oldkirkfan 12-25-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archived Post (Post 4064951)
I picked up a human female science boff after hitting marauder rank 4 but found her appearance can't be changed. At one point I also got the strange error of "You do not have a bridge officer by that name" when trying to edit appearance from the signup window when she first joined. Does this happen to all klingon cross faction boffs or is this a one of a kind error?

Edit: By can't be changed I mean any changes done in the editor gets reverted instantly. Saving her default costume then reloading and buying it brings up a prompt to buy costumes through the c-store, except no missing costume piece is listed.

You won't be able to alter her uniform, since she is an "Exchange Office". She's still Starfleet. She's just serving on your ship. Like Riker in "A Matter of Honor"

**Edit: Sorry all. Didn't look at the original post date.

Back to the cemetery for this one....

lolimpicard 01-01-2013 05:31 PM

Your Necropost was not in vain because just today I got outraged at just this problem and you're misjudging the situation slightly.

There are clothing options at the tailor for such a BOff, however: none of them work, many are missing and many shouldn't be there.
It's a bugfest, altho Cryptic might call it a feature. The BOff might be one, but its uniform is broken and disgusting and has been for ages from what I heard.
The BOff is practically useless and had I known for sure I would have gotten a Human just to have its space ability.

What a great reward for maxing out Marauding. THANKS CRYPTIC.
(That was sarcasm.)

wilsonfrontier 02-12-2013 09:58 PM

So there is no fix for this? I just happened to only get around to doing this today and found this problem, googled it, ended up on this topic...

It seems to work fine for my KDF exchange on my Fed. Have an Orion there, edited when I acquired her months ago. Forgot about doing it with my KDF until tonight, can't edit her appearance though. The changes snap back and when I click purchase it tells me I need to buy something from the C-store despite it not saying what and no changes having been made.

Any fix?

aenta 02-13-2013 06:38 PM

if theres a bug on fed, it gets fixed quickly.
if its a but on kdf, it has a 50% 50% chance of never being fixed.

this is one of those who we have informed Cryptic about time and time again, and they ignore, so yeah.

so in summary, the only bugs that get fixed are ones where the mission doesnt work(fall though floor and such, though it still happens on occasion) or ones that involve feds.

another reason few people play KDF, and why a 3rd playable faction is a bad idea. Cryptic just doesnt care.

selraxxx 02-26-2013 12:58 PM

The Fed side Exchange BOff tailor works just fine ... Just the KDF is Broke.

... and as this is the KDF, it will stay broke.

elandarksky 02-26-2013 01:09 PM

and its not like we haven't reported it as broken, or brought it up the the forums dozens of times either.. :/

Its such a irritating bug, we work to get level 4 maurading and get rewarded with a defective boff. bleh

docaston 04-27-2013 01:21 PM

Still Broke

This is broke still wth.

asphe 05-02-2013 07:07 AM

Well, can't you discharge the BOff and get a new one? (for those who want to see the effects [or rather, not see] of the Leadership trait in space)

The old dev /command that used to let us partially costume the KDF faction boff no longer works. In fact, my boff's costume just snapped back to the default.

gypsyblade 05-02-2013 10:36 AM

We've been reminding the Devs of this multiple since the doff system went live. We were told on Jan 16th 2012 "Our top people are on this". >.<

Welcome to the waiting room, sorry we ran outta cookies on Jan 17th, 2012.