Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Does the 'efficient' space passive stack? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=258571)

Archived Post 03-03-2012 11:21 AM

Does the 'efficient' space passive stack?

If I have 2 bridge officers with the efficient trait..do I get double bonus to my warp core or does it not stack?

Archived Post 03-04-2012 11:05 AM

No one knows? :(

Archived Post 03-04-2012 11:46 AM

Efficient BOs do stack, but for every Eff BO you use, you get a diminishing return.

You don't get the same bonus for the additional Eff BOs. In other words, if the 1st provides a +10 to Warp Core (I'm making up numbers just to explain my point), the second will give you less, say +6. Add a 3rd Eff BO, +4, and so on. The more Eff BOs you use, the smaller the bonus increases.

Yes some players do have a fulll crew compliment of Eff BOs. Any bonus is better than none.

Archived Post 03-06-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
Does the 'efficient' space passive stack?

Yes it's supposed to stack.

The Efficient trait adds 7.5 warp core efficiency to your ship.

I only have one Efficient Boff, doesn't seem to do anything for me. If it does, the bonus is so small it's not even noticeable. Also, the bonus goes only into Engines and Aux powers which kind of makes it useless.

The 4 other Boffs are human with Leadership, these don't seem to do anything either. 4 Boff + captain all with Leadership, that's 20% x 5 repair rate, but the ship has 113% displayed.

:confused:

Archived Post 03-06-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perji
Yes it's supposed to stack.

The Efficient trait adds 7.5 warp core efficiency to your ship.

I only have one Efficient Boff, doesn't seem to do anything for me. If it does, the bonus is so small it's not even noticeable. Also, the bonus goes only into Engines and Aux powers which kind of makes it useless.

The 4 other Boffs are human with Leadership, these don't seem to do anything either. 4 Boff + captain all with Leadership, that's 20% x 5 repair rate, but the ship has 113% displayed.

:confused:

From what I've been told, leadership just effects the passive hull regeneration rate... which honestly isn't worth very much even with bonuses.

Archived Post 03-06-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perji

The efficient traits only boost low power systems, and won't do anything for anything over 75 power. I'm guessing you are running 100 weapons, 50 shields, 25 engines, and 25 aux? If so, that's why it's only boosting engines and aux (shields are probably getting a very small boost).

I got an efficient saurian tactical officer last night and I'm just itching to get into the game and get him on my ship with my borg and efficient captain to see what happens :)

Archived Post 03-06-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingwaffle123
I got an efficient saurian tactical officer last night and I'm just itching to get into the game and get him on my ship with my borg and efficient captain to see what happens :)

Did you get it froma Doff Assignment? Do you remember what sector/zone?

Archived Post 03-06-2012 12:29 PM

It was the rank 9 "Bridge Officer Award". I was given a choice of 3 characters when I went to earth spacedock, I don't recall what the other choices were (one was a klingon science officer I think).

EDIT: It's not making a huge difference.

Right now I have the Borg from the c store, the efficient saurian, and my captain (Efficient Captain + Warp Theorist).

Base settings: 25/50/25/100

Result: 27/51/28/115 (I'm flying a science vessel)

So it's resulted in +2 weapons, +1 shield, +2 engines (I have a +1 engine power console)

But I also don't have any of the warp core effiency or subsystem efficient skills trained either.

Archived Post 03-06-2012 01:18 PM

Ah thanks.

I know an all efficient bridge isn't going to run circles around an all human bridge; I just like minmaxing when it doesn't cost me too much time/effort. So far, Saurian boff recruiting missions have been elusive, so I may give up in another week or two.

Archived Post 03-06-2012 01:53 PM

In all honesty I don't think they're worth chasing after. Nice to have, but nothing to stress about (seriously, getting 4 efficient saurians might net you an extra 5 power to each subsystem if even). I'd rather have a boff that gives a bonus to particle emitters or some other skill (can any boffs come with the Astrophysicist trait? That would be nice to have).