Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Clearing Injuries (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=258576)

Archived Post 03-03-2012 11:47 AM

Clearing Injuries

The current clearing injuries method is very clumsy. First you have to bring up your status window, select "injured", then an injury, then click on the pop-up that asks you how many you want to heal- even if there is only one. It isn't a huge deal in the regular advanced/elite PvE missions, other than being annoying, but when it comes to the elite STFs, it is even more annoying and can become problematic. On some of the runs, every second can count for the optional (*cough* infected ground *cough*), and spending ten seconds clearing injuries is highly frustrating. I don't know if current tech allows it, but something like being able to right click on the injury icon and selecting "heal" would be nice. Otherwise, allowing an option to keybind directly to the "heal screen", and taking out that extra "how many..." would be nice.

Archived Post 03-07-2012 04:29 AM

That is why I and most people I know bring up the injury menu during respawn cooldown when you can't do anything else anyway.
By the time I can respawn I have healed up (most of the time just one) all injuries just fine, no time lost

Archived Post 03-07-2012 07:15 AM

A better implementation of this system:

1) the death debuff should be automatically removed and the required components be removed from your inventory.

2) if you keep dying in the time span of, let's say 30 minutes, the automatic removal now triggers a repairing/healing timer. Start at 15 seconds, then 30 seconds, then 1 minute, then 2 minutes to fully remove all death debuffs.

3) minor and major components for repair/heal should be removed from the game and be replaced with "the cost of repair or medical" in EC's; automatically deducted. Critical components should stay.

Archived Post 03-16-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
That is why I and most people I know bring up the injury menu during respawn cooldown when you can't do anything else anyway.
By the time I can respawn I have healed up (most of the time just one) all injuries just fine, no time lost

In ground, your respawn CD is actually only a few seconds. And often teammates rez, instead of respawning.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdb2008 (Post 4073610)
A better implementation of this system:

1) the death debuff should be automatically removed and the required components be removed from your inventory.

2) if you keep dying in the time span of, let's say 30 minutes, the automatic removal now triggers a repairing/healing timer. Start at 15 seconds, then 30 seconds, then 1 minute, then 2 minutes to fully remove all death debuffs.

3) minor and major components for repair/heal should be removed from the game and be replaced with "the cost of repair or medical" in EC's; automatically deducted. Critical components should stay.

I like this idea too. +1.

Archived Post 03-19-2012 09:39 AM

1) Heal ALL injuries button
2) Remove the 3 kinds of injuries/regenerartors. One should heal all. Just change it to say 1 heals minor 3 heals crit. This would free up 2 inv slots as well. 4 if they did the same thing for space
3) Allow for healing in the sickbay of your ship instead of having to dock and run thru a starbase.

In all honesty I cant stand their enire injury system. It was a 1/2 derriere attempt to placate the "Death Needs to Mean Something" crowd shortly after release. It just adds needless aggrevation IMO. Ive been in some maps on Elite and had BOs with 25 injuries. I have to play on elite/adv if I want to actually play a real game and not the wimpy normal mode. Problem is you and your BOs just stack up too many injuries if the slightest thing goes wrong

Archived Post 03-19-2012 02:25 PM

It takes a total of 7 clicks" to clear an injury, this is just plain stupid programming. Even doing it while incapped, its still not acceptable. There is NO reason why it should take more than 1 on the hotbar no less......

Simple solution, a single hotbar command to click. end of it. No reason to get any other silly ideas.

The regens can stay, not like they are breaking my useless EC bank anyway.....but would be nice if all regens stacked to 100 or 250 even better. Stop playing the c store game for inv slots already....